INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using View -> User for Hiding Multi Channel files and playback using MCWS Bug  (Read 965 times)

runes

• Recent member

I have set a New User in View > User > Edit User and files to show I inserted the following [Channels]=<=2
I issue an MCWS play command to play the ISO file it supposed to hide files inside ISO files which have more than 2 channels.
It doesn't hide them and they are listed in playing now and after playing the 2 channel files it shows the following error window that the user has disabled this content.
It is working if the files are played using the mc24.exe /mcc command line but not using the MCWS.

Please look at the attachments.
Please fix this my DAC is connected to a different computer than the one that I play so I need to issue an MCWS command to play them.
Before I was using the command line to play the ISO files and it was working properly. I can't play ISO files which have stereo and multi channel because my DAC can only play stereo files.

Thank you

runes

• Recent member

Could one of the MC staff be able to respond because it almost certainly a bug. If you need more information to clarify in order to replicate this issue please me me know.
I always use script to play SACD files and now since MC resides on a network computer I can't play SACD ISO which contain both stereo an multi channel tracks due to this problem to of not being able to filter out multi channel tracks prior to playing.

runes

• Recent member

To the JRiver staff: Thank you very much for fixing this bug. I really appreciate your prompt response and collaboration with users that have paid for your software!
Bugs that are considered by you to be irrelevant are still bugs that may hinder using your software by users who used this feature and can't use it any more.
If you expect users to upgrade to a higher version you can exclude me. As long as it unusable I wont be upgrading. While most of the users are using the library I am not one of them and now I CAN'T play SACD ISO files which contain tracks with multiple channels (by using the MCWS).
And also for the sake of politeness at least respond to users who are addressing you. People don't like to be ignored, and me included, especially if there is real substance to what they say.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You're out on the fringe with what you're doing, so it's not reasonable to expect JRiver to drop what it's doing in order to investigate your report.  Sorry.

If you're using two computers, why not try MC's remotes?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Remotes

On that page, Tremote allows one copy of MC to control another.

runes

• Recent member

From your response now I understand that you don't even try to understand what the problem is. Don't try to force me into using MC Remote because I like using script to control MC. It is you who supplied those methods to control the program.
What I  have implied is that using the MCXX.exe /mcc and using MCWS are not CONSISTENT in my case and I will explain exactly what the problem is:

1. Set in MC View > User New User and files to show I inserted the following [Channels]=<=2  which suppose to hide more than Two channel tracks even from ISO files.
2. If I play an ISO which has multi channel tracks as well as stereo tracks using double click on windows explorer it adds only the Stereo 2 Channel tracks to the "Playing Now" and hides the multi channel tracks. This is also the same behavior if I use a script to play the ISO file the script is MC24.exe /PlayReplace "My ISO File Name". BUT if I use the following MCWS http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByFilename?Filenames="My ISO file name" command to play the ISO file it adds the multi tracks to the "Playing Now" and you can see the error that it generates in the attachment that I have provided.

I now say nothing about using any remote computer at all! Now I am playing local (you can see that the MCWS command is using the LOCALHOST) files and using the current computer local MC to play them but I want to use MCWS command to play them instead of using the MC24.exe command line and they are not consistent in their behavior.
If you will fix this problem with MCWS even with LOCALHOST I would be able to also use the same MCWS command to remotely control MC and play my SACD files which have multi channel tracks and it will hide them and play only the Stereo ones.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

I want to use MCWS command to play them instead of using the MC24.exe command line
MCWS has a MCC endpoint, see the docs for MCWS/v1/Control/MCC

runes

• Recent member

I have tried that but it has problems because MCWS is HTTP and you have to encode the files to UTF HTTP format and the MCC is able to play local files which are not encoded to an HTTP format. I have tried that and it didn't work. I know how to encode the files and I do use it with the MCWS command http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByFilename?Filenames= but with the MCC end point it didn't work.
What I am asking is that MCWS and the MCC will be consistent at least in my case and then I will be able to remotely control the program with the settings that I have explained above.

runes

• Recent member

Anyway thank you mattkhan for trying to help me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

From your response now I understand that you don't even try to understand what the problem is. Don't try to force me into using MC Remote because I like using script to control MC. It is you who supplied those methods to control the program.
I don't want you to think we don't care, but this is an obscure problem and not very high on our list. Your impatience and style aren't doing anything to improve the chances of a quick fix.

runes

• Recent member

What do you mean by obscure (using MCWS to play files is OBSCURE?). And being impatient?! I have started the thread on June 6 and there has been no response from you until I decided to be a bit cynical because I knew that without that I will get no response from you. If it is not high on your list to fix bugs then what is?
Pages: [1]   Go Up