INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 24 - handheld not recognised  (Read 1584 times)

Talliskaya

• Recent member
Media Center 24 - handheld not recognised
« on: June 09, 2018, 02:56:54 am »

Since upgrading from Media Center 22 to 24 I am unable to view my AK70 as a device to copy music onto. The device can be seen under Computer in Windows and can be accessed in that way but can't be seen by JRiver s/ware. Any ideas on how to solve this would be much appreciated !!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 24 - handheld not recognised
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 03:05:24 am »

Exactly which version of MC are you running? MC24.0.30?

Also, are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 06:41:29 am »

In Options > Handheld, try Redect Devices.

Talliskaya

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:57:04 am »

I've got the 32 bit version of Media Center 24 I believe. Under drives and devices all I have listed is Burner. My AK70 handheld device is viewable under Start - Computer - Portable Devices. I upgraded from 22 to 24 and since then the device can't be seen !!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:24:45 pm »

The exact version of MC is shown under the "Help > About Media Center..." menu option.

If that doesn't say anything about "bits" then you have the 32 bit version. If it is the 64 bit version it will say so, i.e. "Media Center 24.0.30 (64-bit)".

Please confirm the exact version.

Could you also confirm what version of Windows you are running? As you mention "Start - Computer - Portable Devices" I assume it is Windows 7.

Are there any warnings in Windows Device Manager? If so you need to fix the driver problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Talliskaya

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 04:30:02 am »

Hi

Version is Media Center 24.0.30 with nothing in brackets so I assume =32 bit !! In Windows 7 Home Premium Device Manager - Portable Dervices - AK70 is shown. Also statesdrivers are up to date !! Within Media Center if I try to redetect devices it states no devices detected as it alos does if I Sync Handheld in the Action Window. So in summary Winows sees the handheld but JRiver does not !!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:24:08 am »

Ok, thanks.

Your version should be working. There have been inconsistent results with detecting the AK70 reported, but it is usually an issue because of 64 bit MC, or setting in the AK70.

Read this post and thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115971.msg801623.html#msg801623

I will have to leave further comment to JRiver folk.

Talliskaya

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 11:11:55 am »

Hi
             Put AK70 in DAC mode and still can't be seen. In some ways I wish I hadn't updated as I've had nothing but problems !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up