INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Format on Album List  (Read 491 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Format on Album List
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:33:36 pm »

The drop-down on the rt-side for a selected album shows a number of columns. Previous versions of MC had a 'format' field which showed the format of the tracks.

This is missing on my installation of 24.0.30(two machines). Is there another name for the format field?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Format on Album List
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:42 pm »

What do you mean by "Format". i.e. What data do you expect to see? Do you just mean [File Type], i.e. "M4A"? Or do you mean [Compression], i.e. "MP4 AAC"?

I don't know what you mean by the "drop-down on the r<igh>t-side". That could mean many things. An image showing what you mean would help.

Are you are trying to add a "Format" column to a View, by right-clicking in the header and selecting "Format" from the drop-down list?

I don't think there has ever been a [Format] field in MC. If you had one before, you must have added it as a Custom field. If that is the case, and you recently upgraded to MC24, did the upgrade find the previous version and load the previous Library, or did you re-import all your music? If MC didn't find the previous version, you should have made a backup in the previous version and restored it into MC24, and any Custom field would have come across.

If "Format" was a custom column in a View created using an expression, then a restore of a backup should also bring that across.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MRjr

• World Citizen
Re: Format on Album List
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 11:38:37 am »

File Type is what I was searching for. I was assuming that when  the data is encoded with FLAC or m4a, etc. it is the data formatting this is being described. The extension, i.e. .flac, etc. is an indication of the formatting, encoding, of the data.

From your note I see that the field is called "File Type". I will keep that in mind.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up