INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm scrobbles double counting on network Zone  (Read 594 times)

haylo75

• Junior Woodchuck
last.fm scrobbles double counting on network Zone
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:11:40 am »

Hey all -

I use the Last.fm scrobbling feature and noticed that my scrobbles from a network Zone associated with my AxiomAir speaker are being double counted.  There is no scrobbling feature built into the AxiomAir, and I do not have any Last.fm clients installed on my PC, so I believe the double counting is coming from Media Center.  My Last.fm Submission Filter is set to defaults with a single filter for Media Type of Audio.

I performed the following test:
  • Play a single song, D:\Music\Downloads\!!! - 2004 - Louden Up Now\01 - When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Karazzee.mp3, at the Axiom Air Zone
  • Checked Last.fm website for scrobbles - the song did not appear
  • Play another single song, D:\Music\Rips\8stops7 - 1999 - In Moderation\01 - Satisfied.mp3, at the Axiom Air Zone
  • Checked Last.fm website for scrobbles - the second song does not appear, however the first song appears twice, with 12 minutes between scrobble timestamps

I've attached both my Media Center Log.txt and a screen grab of the Last.fm website with the double scrobble postings.  The URL is available here, but that will change relative to new tracks being scrobbled.

What should I do to prevent double scrobbling of this nature?

Thanks,
Kerr
Kerr

rspears

Re: last.fm scrobbles double counting on network Zone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:31:37 pm »

I have the same problem on JRiver 24 Linux.

I have Volumio installed on a Raspberry Pi that is acting as a UPnP client hooked up to my hifi system.

On Last.fm, it shows up as "Scrobbling now" while the song is playing, then when the song ends, I have two scrobbles: one with a timestamp when the song started and one with a timestamp when the song ended.

When I listen on the Player (server computer), JRemote on my phone, or Panel on my browser, this doesn't seem to happen.

At one point I did have a Scrobbler extension on the Raspberry Pi, but I disabled and deleted it, thinking that I might have been accidentally scrobbling from both, but unfortunately this did not fix the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up