INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Get movie information" not working for MC 24 for windows  (Read 1121 times)

RDoc

• Recent member

Whenever I use "Get Movie Information", I always get "results not found". This feature always worked in MC 23.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Get movie information" not working for MC 24 for windows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:51:54 am »

TheTVDB, one of the sources of the information, was having trouble recently due to significant upgrades to their site. But www.themoviedb.org which is used for movies seems to be working ok.

Sometimes it is a good idea to simplify the search criteria MC automatically puts into the "Get Movie & TV Info" function, as too much information in the criteria can mean no results are found.

What exactly are you searching for? The movie name and year?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RDoc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 06:45:10 am »

Mainly movie poster, but MC 23 would also get all the movie info including stars, budget, and plot. MC 24 just states "no results found".

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:24:30 am »

I imported 2 movies and used the Get Movie section of the menu with no issues ??

Mike

RDoc

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:58 am »

This issue does not occur with MC 23. All the movies I have imported since installing 24, I have had to get movie poster manually.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 11:18:07 am »

Security software might treat MC23 and MC24 differently.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 07:35:57 pm »

Security software might treat MC23 and MC24 differently.

As the change has occurred since the upgrade, it is highly likely that your Firewall is blocking MC from doing lookups. You should have seen requests from your firewall to allow MC to have access to the internet after installation, unless you have turned off firewall notifications.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RDoc

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 09:31:13 pm »

Firewall was the problem. You guys( or gals) are great. Problem solved. Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up