INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help converting from .ape to .wav  (Read 1363 times)

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Need help converting from .ape to .wav
« on: June 08, 2003, 07:56:44 am »

Relative newbie here. I rip all of my CDs to my hard drive as .ape files to allow for more storage. I want to burn one backup copy of each CD as .wav files. What is the most efficient way to convert the files from .ape to .wav when trying to burn to a CD? (I was hoping that there was a way to "force conversion" when burning to a CD - a la iPod.) Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need help converting from .ape to .wav
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 08:18:08 am »

You could just burn audio disks.  It's nearly the same thing and will take the same time.

You could burn APE data disks.  This would be faster and the APE file can be used to make the WAV file later.  No difference.

You could use the Convert tool to convert to wav, and then burn.

#2 is best.  #1 is next.

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 10:35:16 am »

Thanks for the advice. I burned the .ape files on a data CD, and everything worked well.

I am still, however, having problems burning audio CDs from .ape files.

Here is an example of what happened: Everything appears to be normal in the queue. I burn the CD with Decode Files Directly to CD; and Write CD Text selected. During the burning the last song was skipped. Anyway, once the burning is complete, I reload the CD and none of the fields are populated, or if there is text it is usually x #    ; The music is there, but obviously this is not ideal.

I noticed that at one point I received a prompt stating that XP had Auto-Insert Notification or something like that, and that it needed to be disabled. Is this possibly related? If so, how can I turn that on and/or off manually?

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 01:54:58 am »

This has just reminded me.  There is a small cosmetic bug in the dialog that comes up asking if you want to turn off auto insert notification it says Dont' instead of Don't.  Never remembered to report it before as it is such a small thing but while you are GUI redesigning it might be nice to sort it out
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up