INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: restoring library same files different root directory  (Read 856 times)

zack

• Recent member
restoring library same files different root directory
« on: June 16, 2018, 08:15:44 pm »

i installed j river on a new pc along with my media drive and i'm having trouble because the drive has a different directory letter so when i go to restore library it has the minus next to all of the media because the directory root is different so i go to import the files again from the hard drive and it works but (now this is very important in fact its the main reason bought this software) ALL THE RATINGS AND TAG INFO IS GONE. its the same files nothing has changed but the directory letter. now i've been here before when i had to reinstall windows i had to reinstall everything and yes the root directory had changed this time as well but i was able to go on with out losing all this tag info please help thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: restoring library same files different root directory
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:33:36 pm »

Restore the library. Select some files and right click - Library Tools - Rename, Move, Copy and use find and replace to change the drive letter.  For change find c: and replace with d:  Look in the action window to make sure it is right before doing the change.  Do a couple to be sure you get it right, then do the rest of the files.

zack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:47:55 pm »

worked perfect my good man thank you kindly

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 06:36:22 am »

:)

azzmo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 04:38:06 pm »

Restore the library. Select some files and right click - Library Tools - Rename, Move, Copy and use find and replace to change the drive letter.  For change find c: and replace with d:  Look in the action window to make sure it is right before doing the change.  Do a couple to be sure you get it right, then do the rest of the files.

I hope it's within etiquette to thank somebody six years later for their good advice.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 10:04:03 am »

I hope it's within etiquette to thank somebody six years later for their good advice.

Glad it helped :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up