INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing Itunes Library coverart  (Read 663 times)

hstokar

• Recent member
missing Itunes Library coverart
« on: June 17, 2018, 06:53:12 pm »

I have a large Itunes library (over 1TB).  All works fine in Itunes and I see all cover art (none missing).  However in JRiver Media Center I have hundreds of discs from the same Itunes Library missing cover art.  I am not sure how to fix this without manually re-entering each cover - which will take a VERY long time.  Searched but could not find an answer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: missing Itunes Library coverart
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 07:17:06 pm »

Our wiki has a topic on Cover Art.  It would help you understand what is possible.

It's likely that the art is in the iTunes database but not in the file itself.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:26 am »

MC will get cover art if you right click on the blank image in the Tag Window and choose Get from Internet.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 08:57:47 am »

I am no iTunes expert, but according to some searches I did it normally stores cover art in the file but may not for some tracks, like ones you download. So, the first thing to look at is whether the art is in the files. If not, is there a way to get it into the files from iTunes.

In MC, look at the tag Image, Image Height, Image Width and see if the art is there and if it is inside the file. You can also look at Tag Dump at the end of the tag window and see if it says there is an image in the file. If there is an image, you may need to build a thumbnail in order to see it. Select the track, right click and select Cover Art - Rebuild Thumbnail.

If there is no art in the file, then look at iTunes and see if there is a way to copy the art into the file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up