INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start JRiver with command line  (Read 874 times)

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Start JRiver with command line
« on: June 23, 2018, 06:31:54 am »

I run multible instances of JRiver.
Is it possible to start any instance separately with a designated database?
When I use this command line: MC24.exe /Library "library name" - just the still open JRiver instance is changing the database.

But I want like to open a new (second) JRiver instance with the specified library.

Thanks in advance
Wake up and slow down 😴

Len_Lekx

• Recent member
Re: Start JRiver with command line
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:22:26 am »

Additionally - perhaps a command-line option for viewing mode...?

One of the items on my 'Project Wish-List' is the ability to use my MCE remote to start everything - and I've been considering the possibility of using different buttons on the remote for different options.  For example - using the 'Green Button' to start MC in Theater View, and another button to start it in Standard View.  Setting it up under EventGhost would be a matter of linking the remote button-code to a command... "JRiver/MC - t" for Theater View, for example.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Start JRiver with command line
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:15:04 am »

I run multible instances of JRiver.
Is it possible to start any instance separately with a designated database?
When I use this command line: MC24.exe /Library "library name" - just the still open JRiver instance is changing the database.

But I want like to open a new (second) JRiver instance with the specified library.

Thanks in advance

To open the main window, you will need to call Media Center 24.exe. I'm not sure if you can pass command line options to specify which library you want to open, but my hunch is that you can.

Additionally - perhaps a command-line option for viewing mode...?

One of the items on my 'Project Wish-List' is the ability to use my MCE remote to start everything - and I've been considering the possibility of using different buttons on the remote for different options.  For example - using the 'Green Button' to start MC in Theater View, and another button to start it in Standard View.  Setting it up under EventGhost would be a matter of linking the remote button-code to a command... "JRiver/MC - t" for Theater View, for example.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
Pages: [1]   Go Up