INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC trys to play audio then stops in less than 1 second.  (Read 574 times)

chcmuzza

• Recent member
MC trys to play audio then stops in less than 1 second.
« on: June 25, 2018, 03:41:44 pm »

Hi

I recently acquired an older Dell quad core i7 laptop (Precision M4800) with 32GB Ram and at 512GB SSD running a clean build of Windows 10 Pro.

I loaded MC24 on it and transferred the media files from my old laptop running MC21.

I use the laptop as an audio only device for MC so no video or other files. For the first 2-3 week MC24 worked well. I shut down my laptop from a listening session one evening, re-started the laptop the next day and now when I try to play an audio file the cover art briefly flashes up in the Action Window area and then disappears. There is no audio output played, or displayed (the spectrum analyser graphic) in the top MC ribbon.

I've reloaded MC24 and still the same problem. This seems similar to the video problem here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=115981.0

I have turned auto import off as per another thread but this make no difference.

I've not knowingly made any changes to either MC or the laptop. I guess it's possible Windows updated something automatically.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

swiv3d

Re: MC trys to play audio then stops in less than 1 second.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »

Try installing the latest version of MC 24.0.37. Check your audio ouput devices in MC and in Windows device manager to see if the problem lies there in. You might activate logging, selecting limit the log file to 5mb, and then check to see what is happeniing when the audio jumping is going on.

chcmuzza

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 04:12:30 pm »

Thanks swiv3d.

I update to .37 and enabled logging. The log file suggested there were issues with the output device. I looked at windows device manager and saw there was no option for MC24. I ran windows troubleshooting, rebooted my laptop and the MC 24 option came up. Selected, and all good!

Cheers!

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »

Glad I could help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up