INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote problem with Idpi  (Read 1213 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
JRemote problem with Idpi
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:14:28 am »

I turned all equipment off while on holiday, and when I returned everything on again. Now I have problems playing from JRemote and Panel.
I can connect to the pi and select an album, but it does not play.
Connecting via my pc through vnc, I can play music fine from the idpi into hifi, and the album playing is shown on JRemote and I can access metadata, assets and lyrics, but I cannot change to another album, or start another when one ends. I have to go back to vnc on my pc.  I have vnc on my iPad but that too will not play, or change albums.

I have deleted JRemote, reinstalled and reconnected to the server on the idpi and all seems fine until I want to play an album, then the problem arises again.
I have rebooted Idpi and updated to the latest JRiver.

Anything else I can try to resolve this?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote problem with Idpi
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 03:42:46 pm »

I turned all equipment off while on holiday, and when I returned everything on again. Now I have problems playing from JRemote and Panel.
I can connect to the pi and select an album, but it does not play.
Connecting via my pc through vnc, I can play music fine from the idpi into hifi, and the album playing is shown on JRemote and I can access metadata, assets and lyrics, but I cannot change to another album, or start another when one ends. I have to go back to vnc on my pc.  I have vnc on my iPad but that too will not play, or change albums.

I have deleted JRemote, reinstalled and reconnected to the server on the idpi and all seems fine until I want to play an album, then the problem arises again.
I have rebooted Idpi and updated to the latest JRiver.

Anything else I can try to resolve this?
Are you using the access key in JRemote or connecting via IP?
What are your options set to in JRemote? (like the zone following options).
I assume you mean JRemote iOS?
What is the playback zone set to on JRemote?

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:04:57 am »

I have not chnged anything at all, and now it is working OK again!  Puzzling!
@bob it may be related to the Yankees being swept by the Rays!  Everything seemed to be going wrong at that time.
 ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:22:15 am »

I have not chnged anything at all, and now it is working OK again!  Puzzling!
@bob it may be related to the Yankees being swept by the Rays!  Everything seemed to be going wrong at that time.
 ?
I suppose it's possible that the router to our access key server from your place was down for a bit.
If you are using the access key I can't think of much else.
If you can you might want to set a fixed IP address lease for your IdPi on your router.
Pages: [1]   Go Up