INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I play only high res files  (Read 1224 times)

undie505

How do I play only high res files
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:05:53 am »

I am doing a trial of JRiver and would like to know how to filter the music so I am only playing flac or wav files.  I tried JRiver because iTunes won't play hi-res files.  When I downloaded JRiver it imported all of my iTunes library which is not what I want to use JRiver for.  Not sure how to go about it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I play only high res files
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:08:05 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You could clear your library (File > Library) and import again.  Set up auto import options first.  See "Getting Started" in my signature below.

You can search for flac to see them all or -flac to see all but flac.

undie505

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 10:49:54 am »

Figured it out (I think).  Found the tab for file type and was able to isolate flac files.

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 02:24:55 am »

I am doing a trial of JRiver and would like to know how to filter the music so I am only playing flac or wav files.  I tried JRiver because iTunes won't play hi-res files.  When I downloaded JRiver it imported all of my iTunes library which is not what I want to use JRiver for.  Not sure how to go about it.

File type doesn't necessarily indicate bit depth and resolution. Most FLAC files are 16/44.1, that wouldn't usually be called hi-res, just standard CD resolution. AFAIK, iTunes can at least play 24/48 ALAC and AIFF files.

Thus, isolating a file type (e.g. FLAC) in MC doesn't just give you the hi-res files. You would have to add a view in which only files with a bit depth > 16 bit and/or a resolution > 44.1 kHz are shown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up