INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pixelation  (Read 835 times)

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Pixelation
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:44:59 pm »

New HTPC:  Intel i5-8600 @3.1GHz, 6 cores; 16GB DDR4 RAM; 2TB SATA SSD
HD Homerun Prime with CableCARD and HD Homerun QUAD ATSC
MC 24.0.34

Audio from various sources in various CODECs plays flawlessly; Video in various formats up to 1080p with high bitrate plays flawlessly (except TV).

With TV, all channels are grossly pixelated. I have tried Standard PQ, Red October, with and without hardware acceleration (intel 630). I have used the HD Homerun VIEW app on this machine, which has zero pixilation or dropouts. I have verified the firewall (Windows Defender) is allowing MC through. I have tested with firewall disabled.

I have one other HTPC in the house that uses MC and the TV channels do not pixelate or dropout on it.

Network throughput is rock-solid, approximately 100Mbps with minimal ping lag (14ms). Have tried both wireless and wired connections.

Any ideas how I can get MC television to work properly on the new computer?

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Re: Pixelation
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:25:34 am »

Well, this is curious. I reset all the TV settings, but this time I didn't use Schedules Direct for EPG; I used Microsoft (Rovi) instead. My cable provider recently changed their channel lineup, adding duplicates of each channel above 1000. Those channels show in the Rovi EPG, but not in Schedules Direct. Those channels are not pixelated.

I do not recommend deleting this very brief thread, in case this odd problem affects anyone else.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 06:13:54 am »

In the SiliconDust software, did you tell it that you're using JRiver?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:45:44 pm »

Probably SD vs HD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up