INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying song name  (Read 1165 times)

jeffporcaro

• Recent member
Displaying song name
« on: June 30, 2018, 05:27:21 pm »

I apologize ahead of time, I know the answer to this is somewhere in here, because I think I asked it a few years ago. I simply cannot find it with any rational search term...

I'm trying to remember how to format the display (in mini view, but I think it's universal). I'd like something like [Artist] - [Song Title] - [Year] ([bitrate])

I'm basically using MC24 as a very complicated Mac version of Winamp, so I'm not looking for much functionality - just the basics.

If anyone is bored, I'm trying to also figure out how I can import an entire directory (mine is called "Tunes") to shuffle. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to create a playlist - I've (kind of) figured out the "Playing Now" window, but it's a bit cumbersome, and when I have it "auto-import" specifying that directory, it pulls in every weird sound file from my entire computer, making that a not-great option. I have an old playlist I created in Winamp years ago, but it reliably crashes MC24.

Thank you - I'm sorry for the newbie flavor of these questions...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Displaying song name
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 05:56:11 pm »

Try a right click on the display.

You need to set up auto-import.  Start at the link in my signature called "Getting Started".

jeffporcaro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:42 pm »

Hi Jim~

Thanks. Right-clicking gets me a sub-menu with File> View> and Player> on it. None of them, nor their submenus, seem to have options for modifying the way song names are displayed.

As I mentioned in my post, I've set up Auto-Import. I'm clearly not doing it correctly, though.

Thanks,

~Steven

jeffporcaro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:36:47 pm »

If there's additional feedback, count me in... I'm always hoping to get smarter.

Thanks,

~Jeff

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:26:56 pm »

To customize the display, you need to be in standard view first.  Press <command>-1 to get back to standard view.  Now right click on the Display area at the top and select Customize Display.

Notice that you have Main and Alternate.  This is kind of like to different presets for your display setup.  You can set them up the same or totally differently.  Right clicking on the display will let you choose which one you are using.

Then once you get it set up like you want, switch back to mini view with <command>-2 or with the view menu.

Brian.

jeffporcaro

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:40:46 pm »

Hi Brian~

Thanks - that's perfect!!!

I found the options by right-clicking within the text fields.

Thanks again!

~Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up