INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolby Atmos HDMI passthrough to external receiver ... Is it possible ?  (Read 1755 times)

Gedeon

• World Citizen

Hi everyone.

I've recently added a Marantz receiver to my setup. I connected my GT 960 to the receiver through HDMI and the reciever extract the sound and send the video flawlessly to the display.

However I haven't been able to get the receiver to recognize Atmos signal. No problem with DTSHD or TrueHD but I can't get Atmos.

¿ Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance !

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Have a look at Tools--> Options--> Audio--> Bitstreaming and set it to HDMI.
JRiver CEO Elect

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe

Do you have an ATMOS setup? If you are getting TrueHD to show up on the Marantz then you should already be bistreaming. ATMOS will only be possible if you have a minimum of 5.1.2 speakers.

Gedeon

• World Citizen

rec head, you are totally right.

Definitely it's due to I still only have a 5.1 setup. Since DTS-X was accepted by the receiver but not Atmos,  I thought it was a bitstream Dolby issue but the Marantz manual confirms what you suggested about 5.1.2 minimum to enable Atmos processing.

Thank to both of you!

laser

• Recent member

Hi Marantz users!

Is there anyone setup successfully to do .dff .dsf steam to Marantz AVR through DLNA?
I tried many combination with media network setting, but so far with no luck on DSD formats, only flac /wav will work.

Regards,
Laser
Pages: [1]   Go Up