INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is going on?  (Read 1002 times)

wildepuzzles

• nothing more to say...
What is going on?
« on: January 26, 2003, 09:53:58 am »

?
I have looked through other posts to try and find a solution, or someone with a similar problem, but have found nothing, so perhaps someone could figure out what is going on with my version of jukebox 8.

I downloaded version 8 about a month ago, played around with it a bit, and pulled it up a few days ago to try and burn a CD again from the 800 MP3's I have stored on my computer. All hell broke loose, and I have been unable to get the thing to work properly since then.

Firstly, I created a playlist of the songs I wanted to record so that I could play around with the order before recording them all. But very strangely, after I had finalized the order, I tried running through the songs briefly, one after the other, to be sure I liked the sound overall and found that the player kept skipping over some of the songs alltogether - I even tried clicking on them directly but the program just kept ignoring them and going to tracks further down. Having noted down the order I wanted, I shuffled the songs to see if that would make a difference, and sure enough it did - the program decided to ignore other songs in the new order! Thinking that maybe I had confused the program with all the moving around I had done I created a new playlist with all the songs in the order I wanted to record them in - still didn't work, the program chose to skip over certain tracks.  Bear in mind that the tracks in question are perfectly fine and readily accessible under normal circumstances from the media library.

I finally said to hell with it and just went ahead with the burning process, and watched as the program proceeded to record all the songs, but in the strangest and most bizaare manner. As each song was accessed for burning the screen would white-out and lock up for about 10 seconds, repeat the process three times, and then move on to the next track on the list and go through the same process - it was painful to watch!

But the worst thing that happened was that half way through this recording process the program decided to take the entire list of 800 songs, all painstakingly catalogued under artists and or genre, and attribute them all to the first artist on the list alphabetically, Brian Adams - one of my wife's favorites. He's been a productive singer/songwriter, but not to that extent!

I have tried everything to fix the problem, but nothing works. I tried deleting the program and re-installing, up came Brian Adams again with 800 songs to his credit. I searched around for any sort of data record that might have been creating the situation, found a 'jukebox' document in my song folder that seemed to be a song list, deleted that, went through the re-install process - didn't work. I then to took the next step in the process to try and determine where the fault lay by deleting the Brian Adams song, and guess what? After the next reinstall process up came all the songs again under Brian Adams name!! I hunted everywhere trying to find where this Brian Adams key was logged but couldn't find anything at all. Finally, trying to determine if the bug was isolated to Media Jukebox itself I deleted the program, downloaded Music Match Jukebox, installed it, and guess what - up came 800 songs under Mr. Adams name again, despite the fact all reference to him in my MP3 files had long since dissapeared!

Unless Mr. Adams is using some sort of telekinetic energy to screw up my computer I'm asuming that Media Jukebox has somehow registered some sort of key based on his name in registry ot someplace like that, and despite all my best efforts I have been unable to locate the data to erase it. Anybody have an idea on what is causing this problem? The song files themselves are not at fault because the program did not in actual fact alter the artist data on them, and prior to this problem occuring Media Jukebox had never had a problem with listing them correctly.

Up until this happened we had been happy enough with the program, and in actual fact were of a mind to go from a trial basis to buying the full version of the program, but obviously we would have some reservations of the  purchase if this is going to be an ongoing problem.

Thanks in advance.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 10:01:52 am »

>> I have tried everything to fix the problem, but
>> nothing works. I tried deleting the program and
>> re-installing, up came Brian Adams again with
>> 800 songs to his credit.
I never iked him that much and would have nevr bought 800 songs worth of Brian Adams (or even 1 cd worth)

----------------------------------------------------------------

that aside, maybe some how the tags are all changed in the Media files.

That would only happen if you had all the files loaded up into properties and if all were selected  and you changed the artist name then i would change them all.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 10:37:32 am »

I assume your still within the 30 day period from initial installation. What v8 version are you using? Latest (8.0.394) is rock solid. Maybe the database got screwed up. Use WMP to check out a couple files (or one of the scads of free MP3 tag editors on the net). I would highlight all the tracks and delete them (but of course...don't delete them from disk)....then reimport using Tools>Import Media. If they come back the same way then user error or some other program altered the files.

Rx

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 03:36:06 pm »

If you look at the filenames using Windows Explorer, do they still have the correct artist/album/track info?  If so, you could use the fill tags from filename option to repopulate the tags with the correct info.  Try it on a few files before doing it on your whole library.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up