INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library not displaying properly  (Read 471 times)

jehrico76

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Library not displaying properly
« on: July 07, 2018, 05:23:53 am »

I just recently upgraded to 24 (been using MC since version 8 I think?), and I rebuilt my library (moved from a local HDD to an NAS in the house), which is a pretty significant size.  Had to reimport everything, as it was all now under a mapped "S:" drive instead of a different path.  The import seems to have worked pretty painlessly - All files seem to be there, and when I have randomly inspected a couple of hundred songs, all of the tags / metadata seems to be correct and in the right places. 

Problem is, I can't get the library to display correctly.  If I click on Audio to view the master library, and I sort the master library by artist, some albums show by the information in the album field instead of the artist. 

One example (I have over a thousand cases that act like this in my library since upgrading and rebuilding the library):

I have a few albums by Alfonzo Blackwell.  If I sort the library by artist, Alfonzo Blackwell shows in the appropriate location.  If I expand Alfonzo Blackwell, I see all of the albums underneath of Alfonzo Blackwell.  One of the albums, titled "Let's Imagine" only has one song listed underneath of it.  The next artist listed alphabetically is "Let's Imagine."  If I click on the artist "Let's Imagine" I see one album titled "Let's Imagine" and the rest of the missing songs from that album are listed there.  When I inspect the tags / metadata for all of the songs under the faulty "Let's Imagine" artisit, they all appear to be tagged correctly... the Artist name is Alphonzo Blackwell, and it sorts after Alfonzo Blackwell instead of in the Ls.  So Media Center seems to understand the proper artist as it sorts correctly, but doesn't aggregate or display the artist correctly.  I don't know how to fix it since all of the tags appear correct. 

Anyone else having this issue when viewing their master library? 

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Library not displaying properly
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 01:00:04 pm »

it is the tags..all songs must have the exact same album name for the tracks to match that album..album artist and artist....take a look at them...even a space where it don't belong can make a difference  dots and dashes for some and not others won't work the way your looking at your library
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up