INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New files have 3D added  (Read 768 times)

23Anonymous

• Recent member
New files have 3D added
« on: July 07, 2018, 02:15:37 am »

With this build I'm getting duplicates of movies being pulled from my drives. The new files have "3d" added at the end of BDMV\index.bluray  e.i. {F:\I FRANKENSTEIN\BDMV\index.bluray3d;1 VS F:\I FRANKENSTEIN\BDMV\index.bluray;1 } . Some of the disc are 2D/3D, some not. The affected movies have a "SSIF" folder added into the STREAM folder.
The issue is now neither file will allow the "BLURAY MENU" to function - "TITLE PLAYBACK" only is available. Starts right into the movie stuck on 3D split screen.
Can I get log files, captures or screen shots to help Trouble Shoot? I would need to be walked through how to get a log file.
Also the issue I was having with playback crashing while waiting for my RAID to wake is no longer an issue, as of the last build.
THANK YOU

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New files have 3D added
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 02:27:07 am »

With this build I'm getting duplicates of movies being pulled from my drives. The new files have "3d" added at the end of BDMV\index.bluray  e.i. {F:\I FRANKENSTEIN\BDMV\index.bluray3d;1 VS F:\I FRANKENSTEIN\BDMV\index.bluray;1 } . Some of the disc are 2D/3D, some not. The affected movies have a "SSIF" folder added into the STREAM folder.

MC does not create the SSIF folder, that folder is part of the Blu-ray structure, and if it exists that indicates the discs is a 3D disc (and if it plays in 3D mode, then it most definitely is a 3D disc). Menu playback of 3D discs is not supported.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

23Anonymous

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 04:07:40 pm »

Hendrik, So...……. this spun down the wrong gopher hole...…….
I re-read my post and can see why you responded as such. But, I was trying to say that the duplicate movies  that were added to the library after this last build/release had the - "SSIF" folder added into the STREAM folder - in the original BluRay before adding to MC library. And that they showed the location as - \BDMV\index.bluray3d;1 - where the original file location were - \BDMV\index.bluray;1 -. Prior to this new release the BluRay menu worked and I could choose the 2D version to play on these movies. Now it goes right into playing the movie, but plays the 3D version, (split screen, two pictures.) Also to expand on this..... AVATAR Collectors Edition, Disc 3 Bonus features contains a "SSIF" folder but I have not found any 3D on that disc. The playback of that disc is all jacked up now also. This only seems to be affecting movies with the "SSIF" folder in the STREAM folder.
Now to expand further..... MC has also started pulling movies but putting the wrong title artwork on the library entry...………
Example (and I'm still trying to pin this down): the 4K movies that were entered manually several months ago were pointed at just the stream file - .m2ts - that was the main feature. I hadn't gotten around to re-entering all of these now that the menus work. The last 2 BluRays that I saved to a drive loaded into the library correctly but I got three copies. HERE'S THE CATCH -
the other two copies where actually two different 4K movies from another drive, BUT they where using the meta data from the new BluRay entry. I just fixed the TAG and everything was fine, movies went to the correct location and put on the right cover art etc. Plays correctly.
AND DEEPER YET.....I also have one 4K title - Close Encounters of the Third Kind - that will not play, hangs at the start, will some times start the audio but no picture. Most of the time I have to do a restart of the PC to get function back, CTNL-ALT-DELETE, (I think the last or this build I only need to restart MC.) I keep trying it after each new build hoping it will just work as bugs get worked out, but 3 or 4 builds later its still not playing. I have about 70 4K titles and so far this is the only problem movie, I can live with that, but it might be an easy fix.
Sooooo…. I was trying not to get to in-depth here, figured if I could pull a log or screen shots that would start the trouble shooting and then could add more details, or all of this could be tied together and one adjustment might make multiple issues go away.

23Anonymous

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:28:02 pm »

So, with the update that I just got (patch? still .41)  4K title - Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Just took off playing after 
"loading components" came up with the cover art. THANKS!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:28 pm »

I don't have many BD 3D but I did notice that the "Filename" convention changed sometime in the last couple of months (see pic).  Have not noticed any issue with that (except one of my scripts no longer works due to the change).
JRiver CEO Elect

23Anonymous

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:13:41 am »

That's exactly what happen to me after the notice to update about 7/3. I suddenly was finding a second copy of some movies.
These have "3d" added after the "index.bluray". These all have a "SSIF" in the stream folder. I'm not a big 3D fan, but these titles have the option to select 2D/3D in the menu which now I can't use. But I was able to get the 2D version before. But it may have been MC23 the last time I watched them…….so it may have just started playing and ignored the 3D version.
I had to link to the movie .m2ts file to watch it. AVATAR Collectors Edition, Disc 3 Bonus features contains a "SSIF" folder but I
haven't found any 3D on it. The solution is to start it then right click and use the streams to move through the disc. This has crashed a couple times and/or wants to start the next movie in the library at the end of a section or "clip" when it would return to the menu.

23Anonymous

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:08:33 pm »

I just tried to watch another movie that I now know has both formats. This movie plays back as chapters stitched to together not as a continuous stream. Work around: I copied the movie and renamed it (***** 2D) deleted the  "SSIF" in the stream folder. Now I have a movie that plays "normal" with menu and extra features. Just won't play the 3D from the menu.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 03:30:31 am »

I just tried to watch another movie that I now know has both formats. This movie plays back as chapters stitched to together not as a continuous stream. Work around: I copied the movie and renamed it (***** 2D) deleted the  "SSIF" in the stream folder. Now I have a movie that plays "normal" with menu and extra features. Just won't play the 3D from the menu.
All 3D BLURAYS have 2D videos (organized same as 2D BLURAYS ... bancs they can be played with non 3D equipment).

All 3D BLURAYS have SSIF folder contains information needed to build video for second eye from 2D video in STREAM folder.  You delete SSIF folder, you delete 3D.

If you specify in MadVR to play 3D ... and you are using unaltered Blu-ray with 3D ... if MadVR does not detect 3D TV ... it will output TopBottom format
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up