INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DX host explained...  (Read 1837 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
DX host explained...
« on: June 07, 2003, 07:43:17 am »

As requested by Jim I have started a new thread to explain the new DX Host feature and to tell YOU how it could be helpful ;D

Basically anyone who use Audio programs like Cubase/Logic/Sonar or Acid will know about the existence of plugins.  In audio program terms there are two main camps when it comes to plugins.  Cubase mainly uses VST plugins.  Most other programs use Direct X plugins.  What the direct X Host allows you to do is to create chains of dx plugins to play your music through.  This means that the potential for your listening is unlimited.  Anyone who has any of the above programs installed on their system will find they have already got some DX plugins installed.

As an example I have just added my Sonic Foundry 20 band Parametric EQ into my chain meaning I now have a 20 band eq as opposed to MCs built in 8 band one.  Result: much more tweakabnility of my sound.  I could also add a compressor, or chorus or whatever else I want to improve my sound.  DX plugins are freely available on the net or can be bought...

Hope this explains to everyone how useful this function will be...  Any one want to know anything or would like some sample plugins to play with let me know

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

MachineHead

Re: DX host explained...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 08:18:42 am »

I downloaded the trial Sonic XFX 2. Very interesting. Has annoying random noises in the preview though.

Got a decent link for plug-ins that are free?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 08:44:39 am »

I got mine as part of other programs that I donwloaded...I probably shouldn't discuss them on the forum ;D but if you are interested I could probably PM you some links...

Did you search on google for Direct X audio Plugins??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 08:50:03 am »

Just found this page which has some links to some free dirext x plugins
I can reccommend the analog x ones..

Adam

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 08:51:07 am »

Adam,

Can you give a step-by-step on how to import these plug-ins?

I'm getting a "plug in not supported" error when I try to import any of my Sound Forge plug-ins.

TIA.

John

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 09:00:08 am »

You shouldn't have to do anything at all to import them.  You simply go to DSP Studio/DX Host and click on Add and it shows all plugins currently installed on your system.  I guess I shoulda mentioned that in the 1st post ;D

Adam

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2003, 09:17:34 am »

Yes got there thanks.

Like an idiot I was in Tools/Plug-In Manager not DSP Studio.

The one I wanted to try was Sound Forge's Noise Reduction.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up