INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Button Playlist Starts Over When Pressing Play/Pause  (Read 950 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Radio Button Playlist Starts Over When Pressing Play/Pause
« on: July 10, 2018, 01:20:06 pm »

I have a Radio Button with a saved playlist titled "Was Playing".  I frequently save what I was just listening to before doing something else with Playing Now.  When I'm done, I press the Was Playing playlist button and I'm back to where I was.  I've been doing this for years.

Something like 1.5 generations ago (in MC22 perhaps?) a bug appeared:  The playlist works as normal; it starts playing the first song when I press the playlist radio button.  When I press the space bar to pause the music, it restarts from the first song and DOES NOT PAUSE.  The spacebar restarts the playlist from the first song.  However, if I manually click on another song to play it, then press spacebar, it pauses as expected.

I noticed something today which provides a new clue:  I pressed Was Playing, and waited for a song to play.  Then I pressed "control-R" to reshuffle the playlist.  Finally, I pressed space bar.  Now, it started the playlist over, but in the old order!  It reloaded Was Playing and started it from the beginning.

As I said, I've seen this behavior for more than a year.  It's entirely reproducible.

If you need any more details, please ask.

Thanks!

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Radio Button Playlist Starts Over When Pressing Play/Pause
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 01:40:49 pm »

Hi there.  It's nice to see you around.

I reproduced something a little strange when hitting spacebar after playing from a Car Radio button.  I'll investigate in the debugger in a little bit and then follow up.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:08:20 pm »

Well I figured out what I was seeing.

When you click a Car Radio button, the Car Radio buttons take the focus.  So hitting space will fire that button yet again.

If you click on the playlist (Playing Now) and then hit space, it will pause.

Not sure if this is really a bug or just the way it works?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 02:47:58 pm »

Coming next build we'll try this:
Changed: Spacebar no longer fires Car Radio buttons, instead it will just toggle pause.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »

So you're saying all I have to do is click anywhere else first, and then spacebar will work as play/pause?  Wow.  I'll try that in an hour or so when I'm home.

Thanks for investigating.  :)

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 03:21:08 pm »

Yes, that's definitely right.  But the next build on both Windows and Mac should just make it a moot point.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:33 pm »

Ok, tested and you are definitely right Matt.  I'm sitting here wondering how I never tested simply *clicking* somewhere else!  But I think I know what's going on.  I frequently press a Car Radio button first thing in the morning, listen to a handful of songs, and then pause it before I leave for work.  So I never click away on anything because I'm not interacting with MC at all.

I just tested and the "focus" stays on the button even when you alt-tab away to other programs and alt-tab back.

So thank you very much for changing the behavior.  I think that will help my use case a lot.  :)

Take care,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up