INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver (Still showing old version)  (Read 745 times)

CallMeSteven

• Recent member
WDM Driver (Still showing old version)
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:16:03 am »

I upgraded yesterday to the new version of MC. I had previously installed the WDM driver under version 23, but after the
upgrade I uninstalled version 23 of MC & I thought the driver by unticking it.)

My question is that under Sound Settings (I'm running Skip Ahead Windows 10), you can see from the image below, that it appears
I still have the old WDM driver installed and not the version for MC 24. How do I remove the WDM driver and install the new version, for MC 24?

Any ideas? (Maybe I don't need to do anything as the WDM driver working fine, running sound through MC24 on all audio)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM Driver (Still showing old version)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:24:13 am »

You can force it to properly re-name by simply  disabling it in the MC settins (under General -> Features), so that MC removes it, and then re-enabling to get it cleanly re-installed. Although I don't think it should make any difference.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CallMeSteven

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:46:32 am »

That's interesting. After trying that it now says 'Digital Output JRiver Media Center 24' - why it says Digital, is a mystery but it's working! (I'm using the ASIO setting)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 05:36:16 am »

Curiouser and curiouser.

The WDM driver on my Workstation is currently called "JRiver Media Center 23 (JRiver Media Center 24)".

I still have MC23 installed on the PC, but yesterday I deselected the WDM Feature in MC23, then deselected the WDM Feature in MC24, restarted MC24, and then reselected the WDM Feature to reinstall it, and restarted MC24.

It doesn't really matter as it still works. But it is a curious result!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:54:53 am »

It's obviously possessed!  ;D
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 05:17:25 pm »

;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up