INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to point back to music files on hard drive instead of DAP?  (Read 568 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen

I have been trying to set up the loading up process of placing some music files onto my new Astel&Kern DAP and somehow I have changed my MC settings to only show the music files that were on the DAP and I cannot figure out how to point it back to my hard drives music files. I have MC 24.0.41.

At the top of my MC it says,
“JRiver Media Center 24”
        “AK100_II”

I think whatever happened while I was looking in “playing now” while in the “tree”.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7 with a internal 2TB HD with about 1TB of music files on it.

Can anyone help with this?
TIA
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

swiv3d

Re: How to point back to music files on hard drive instead of DAP?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:41:09 pm »

In the playing now section have you got playing from main library selected, it should say playing from main library. If not select the main library from the list and select load library in the display window. Your laptop files should then reappear.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »

I don't know what you have done, but it must have been much more than looking at Playing Now. I assume that you understand how MC works pretty well, as you have been using it for some time.

If you haven't been playing around with the DAP for long, the easiest solution would be to find and restore one of MC's automatic backups, from before you started playing around.

But really, it could be as simple as you are looking at the wrong View. Or as bad as you have moved all your files to the DAP.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:26:52 pm »

In the playing now section have you got playing from main library selected, it should say playing from main library. If not select the main library from the list and select load library in the display window. Your laptop files should then reappear.

My Playing Now indicates only the AK DAP files.
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 08:29:07 pm »

I don't know what you have done, but it must have been much more than looking at Playing Now. I assume that you understand how MC works pretty well, as you have been using it for some time.

If you haven't been playing around with the DAP for long, the easiest solution would be to find and restore one of MC's automatic backups, from before you started playing around.

But really, it could be as simple as you are looking at the wrong View. Or as bad as you have moved all your files to the DAP.

I will try to restore the newest library backup.
By the way, I have always gone in and manually backed up library. Where can I set up automatic backups?
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 09:30:38 pm »

automatic backups are always enabled

go to tools>options>File location to find out where yours are being put

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 11:16:18 pm »

automatic backups are always enabled

go to tools>options>File location to find out where yours are being put

Thanks. Library restore worked.

Do you know how often automatic backups occur? Or what triggers a backup?
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:
Pages: [1]   Go Up