INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for signal lock?  (Read 1156 times)

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
Waiting for signal lock?
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:19:57 pm »

Recently my FOX channel (my strongest local signal) quit working, and says "Waiting for signal lock...", then goes to "No signal". It also affects all 3 sub-channels as well. I know this is wrong, because it only happens in JRiver Media Center. I can watch it perfectly on other TV programs like Plex, HDHomeRun, etc., so it is absolutely a JRiver error.

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Waiting for signal lock?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:57:48 pm »

Just ran setup again with a clean guide/channel/television install, and that didn't even find the FOX channels at all. This is very frustrating to say the least.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:44 am »

How recently?  I do not remember making any changes in TV engine that could cause such a problem.  If it worked previously but suddenly does not work, it has to be a problem with signal.

Is this an over-the-air ATSC channel?

Has there been any changes made by the TV station that we need to be aware of?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:45 am »

I left town on Sunday, and when I got home on Tuesday, I noticed none of my FOX channels were recorded. It cannot be the signal, because I can watch it on HDHomerun's Quick TV, on Plex, on my TV's built in tuner, it has one of my strongest signals on my HDHomerun app, and all my neighbors can get it. I even tried different tuners, HDHomerun, Avermedia, and Hauppauge HVR-2255 all with the same results.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:02 am »

I left town on Sunday, and when I got home on Tuesday, I noticed none of my FOX channels were recorded. It cannot be the signal, because I can watch it on HDHomerun's Quick TV, on Plex, on my TV's built in tuner, it has one of my strongest signals on my HDHomerun app, and all my neighbors can get it. I even tried different tuners, HDHomerun, Avermedia, and Hauppauge HVR-2255 all with the same results.

When I said it's signal, I don't just mean that the signal becomes weak.  That was why I added my last question.  Did the signal change format for example?

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:52:55 am »

Apparently it did. I had to call the station, and they said they did do a signal change due to FIFA. The only place they listed any change was on the engineering Facebook page, and it referenced only "cable" channels. We have technology to share information, and yet it is failed to be used correctly so many times. In my opinion. misinformation is worse than no information. That all said, I am going to wait till Monday when they say it will go back to normal.

Thanks for putting up with my questions and frustrations..

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 01:35:57 pm »

Please keep us informed if you learn anything from the station.
Pages: [1]   Go Up