INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 23 doesn't recognize my Samsung S8  (Read 960 times)

mstalvey

• Recent member
JRiver 23 doesn't recognize my Samsung S8
« on: July 14, 2018, 04:04:45 pm »

Many issues happening today.
Windows 10 & JRiver 23
1. New playlist wouldn't sync to my phone (said phone was up to date)
2. Received a message that an uninstall/reinstall might be needed
3. Uninstalled 23, accidentally installed 24, uninstalled 24 and reinstalled 23 (all good)
4. Now my Samsung isn't recognized
5. New error message that JRiver Media Center and Media Server are both installed. They are but I can't determine how to remedy

I'm just not sure where to start...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver 23 doesn't recognize my Samsung S8
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 10:59:45 pm »

Windows 10 & JRiver 23
1. New playlist wouldn't sync to my phone (said phone was up to date)
2. Received a message that an uninstall/reinstall might be needed
3. Uninstalled 23, accidentally installed 24, uninstalled 24 and reinstalled 23 (all good)
4. Now my Samsung isn't recognized

Best solution: Upgrade to MC24. Beat the price rise at the end of the month. In MC23 64bit Handheld Sync didn't work. That has been fixed in MC24 64bit. Recognition of the device, in this case an Android phone, is the issue in MC23 64bit.

Next best solution: Uninstall all MC23 and MC24 (make sure you have a library backup first so that you can just restore that library and not need to reimport files and do setup.) Then download and install the 32bit version of MC23.0.104, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115105.0.html

When you uninstalled MC23 and reinstalled you may have accidentally, or deliberately, installed the 64bit version. As above, that isn't going to work.

Otherwise, Windows updates have been constantly breaking things recently, and that may have been your initial issue. Only the latest MC24 is going to work with the latest patches of Windows, without any issues. MC23 is no longer being updated.

5. New error message that JRiver Media Center and Media Server are both installed. They are but I can't determine how to remedy

Is that a separate issue, or as above? If a new issue, what is the error message?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mstalvey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 04:12:40 pm »

This fixed my problem Roderick. I installed 24, uninstalled 23, rebooted, then it recognized my device. As far as the item below in regards to the error message, I've never seen that message again but did see that Media Center and Media Server are also both installed on 24. However, even though JRiver recognizes my handheld, still not all of my music transfers into all the playlists. I'm not sure if that's a JRiver issue or an issue with my app "PI Music Player." I'm still working on that but feel free to recommend suggestions/tips/tricks if you know of any, or, throw out the name of an android app that works really well with music libraries.
Thank you so much for the help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 06:44:54 pm »

There is a setting under Handheld Sync Options > Files, Paths, & More... > Supported types.

That defines which file types the Handheld Sync will send to the device. I think it defaults to "*" (all file types), but I'm not sure. Check the value in there. That would be the obvious issue.

If it isn't that, are there specific file types that don't transfer, or other attributes of the files like size, bitrate, bit depth etc.?

In terms of Apps, I'm just using the Sony default Music App at the moment. There was some noise about a new good App a while back that seemed to be generating some excitement. But I have forgotten the name! Perhaps start a new thread in this forum specifically to ask for recommendations.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mstalvey

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 10:01:28 am »

Everything is resolved now! While my computer was showing my phone was connected, and photos were transferring, when opening the icon in folder view on my pc, the device showed empty (no icon for internal storage and no icon for the SD Card). I found an article that directed me to update the device in regards to the windows connection: Settings> Security>Troubleshoot> Hardware & Devices> Run Troubleshooter. All fixed now! All songs and all playlists transferred.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »

Excellent!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up