INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi as a renderer  (Read 882 times)

jacevedo

• Recent member
IdPi as a renderer
« on: July 14, 2018, 04:38:28 pm »

Upgraded idpi 3B to version 3B+ so I can have gigabit ethernet connection. Using it as a renderer. Flow of music is from PC w/MC24 to Network to New IdPi 3B+ to ifi micro iDSD BL (DAC/Preamp) to Headphones or speakers. Load Panel into my phone to control as before. But I cannot get the music to play thru the DAC/Preamp. I am using the Access key from the PC MC 24. Panel shows the Library and I can choose the album, but when I hit play all, it does not play the music file. What am I doing wrong? It worked with the Idpi 3B... I am 77 years old so I get a little confused with http addresses and Access Keys, Please help me out!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IdPi as a renderer
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 01:36:45 am »

Maybe audio isn't set up on the IdPi.  You have to choose the correct audio device in MC's settings there.

Or, in Panel, did you select the device you want to play to?  It's in the Settings for Panel.

jacevedo

• Recent member
Re: IdPi as a renderer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 03:44:25 pm »

Thanks for the feedback info. There were like 10 options for the Audio Device. I put back the 3B and noticed the one I had chosen. Went back and  installed the 3B+ and chose the same device as in the 3B. Chose the correct Id in Panel settings and bingo. It now working as supposed. Thanks again.
I now remember that when I initially did the 3B I had to go one by one the many Audio Device options until i found the correct one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up