INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View ... TV Shows browsing  (Read 608 times)

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theatre View ... TV Shows browsing
« on: July 16, 2018, 09:57:20 am »

When browsing TV Shows in Theatre View … select Series and it takes you to Season screen … select Season and it takes you to Episode screen … all as it should

However, when Series have only one Season … selecting Series will straight away take you to Episode screen … Is there a way to force Theatre View to go to Season screen even though there is only one season (i.e. ripping process is not finished … or Series just have one season)?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theatre View ... TV Shows browsing
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:56 pm »

I don't know but have to ask - if there's only one season, why bother to have to select the "Season" before displaying the episodes?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:32:59 pm »

Is there a way to force Theatre View to go to Season screen even though there is only one season

No.

Well okay, not that I have ever found, read about, or heard of. I did look for the same thing once upon a time, and think I was told that that is just the way MC grouping functions work. If there is only one group (Season), then MC will display the contents of the group rather than the group name itself.

Take a look at the Artist View in Theatre View. If an artist has multiple Albums, then selecting the Artist shows a view of all the albums. If an artist has only one Album, then selecting the Artist drops down directly to the Track list. Same functionality with TV Shows.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:27:34 pm »

I don't know but have to ask - if there's only one season, why bother to have to select the "Season" before displaying the episodes?

For shows that truly only have one season, this doesn’t really matter ... but if I only have one season of the show (cause that’s only thing I have ... other seasons might be not worth buying) ... for viewers it might be interesting to know what season I have

In case of music ... I definitely have only one album for particular artists ... so showing album before track also does not seems like dumb idea
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:39:42 am »

I've also always disliked the default behavior and would love to have an option somewhere to disable such automatic grouping and display single groups instead.  When casually browsing around through audio Artists view just to visually assess which albums I have, it would be a lot easier for me to just see the single album instead of the full track listing.  I also agree with the already listed reasons for TV Seasons views.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 10:48:53 am »

No.

Well okay, not that I have ever found, read about, or heard of. I did look for the same thing once upon a time, and think I was told that that is just the way MC grouping functions work. If there is only one group (Season), then MC will display the contents of the group rather than the group name itself.

Take a look at the Artist View in Theatre View. If an artist has multiple Albums, then selecting the Artist shows a view of all the albums. If an artist has only one Album, then selecting the Artist drops down directly to the Track list. Same functionality with TV Shows.

I can do this is Standard View ... but spend whole evening trying to do this in Theatre View with no success like @RoderickGI :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up