INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Remove Tags' (All Tags) - No progress indicator?  (Read 736 times)

Negasonic

• World Citizen
'Remove Tags' (All Tags) - No progress indicator?
« on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:02 pm »

I select a bunch of files and choose 'Remove Tags'. (I am planning to do this on a lot of files, so I have been selecting anything between 100 - 3000 at the time)

'Confirm Tag Removal' pops up.

I click Yes and for a brief half second a progress indicator pops up, but is quickly replaced with another window:

'Remove Tags mode: All Tags'

I click OK and the window disappears. And then... nothing.

No progress indicator. It looks like nothing is going on, but If I click on anything on the screen, MC will show me the "Eh, dude... I'm busy here" mode by stretching the screen vertically and covering up the taskbar at the bottom of the screen until it is finished with its duties.

Is this normal/intended behavior? Where do that progress indicator go (that showed itself for a split second)?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 'Remove Tags' (All Tags) - No progress indicator?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »

It'll have fallen behind MC.

Try switching to a different app, then back to MC... that usually coaxes it back to the foreground where it's meant to be.

-marko.

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:53:51 am »

Problem is, as soon as I switch to another program (or click anywhere in MC), MC will be unresponsive, stretch the screen vertically and cover the taskbar. I can see how it stretches just as I click on another program in the taskbar, before the new app has filled the screen. Going back to MC just shows the unresponsive screen (stretched) with a blue circle instead of mouse pointer, sometimes just a black screen. By Alt-Tabbing to another app again and minimizing their windows until all I have is the Desktop in the background, I am sometimes able to find the small progress indicator window hovering there by itself. And it is still counting down. But I have never been able to see it together with MC. When the progress is done, MC is once again UN-stretched with the progress indicator on top (where it now says it has finished... 0 errors etc)

Also of note, I am not able to show the Desktop by clicking on the 'show desktop' thingy in the bottom right corner of the Windows 10 taskbar, while this small "progress indicator window" is hidden directly on top of the desktop. Clicking on it does nothing.

I've done this many times today with lots of files and the result is always the same. I have never used 'Remove Tags' until these last days, so I cant say if it was working differently (for me) in the past.

Using "Update Tags (from Library)' acts in a similar way, with the difference that I actually see the progress indicator on top of MC, counting down. But if I switch to another app or click inside MC (outside of the progress window), MC will also be unresponsive and stretch the screen vertically. And the progress indicator will disappear behind MC somewhere.

Not sure why this is happening.

'Rename, Move & Copy Files' have a different approach, where there is no popup window, but instead the progress is shown in the bottom toolbar of MC. Never had any issues with that. Any chance for a more consistent/uniform approach to MC's progress indicator during its different re-tagging/moving etc etc Library functions? Have them all shown in MC's toolbar instead? 

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:57:59 am »

do you have a weak CPU...one core-duo core
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up