INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deactivating WDM driver solved freezing issue...so far  (Read 762 times)

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
Deactivating WDM driver solved freezing issue...so far
« on: July 17, 2018, 12:17:15 am »

With the driver activated, I was experiencing persistent lock up issues playing Spotify and Pandora. Music would play for maybe 30 minutes and the system would freeze. Hard shutdown has the only way out. This has gone on for months now. Probably after some win7 update (guessing).  My system had worked great playing via the virtual driver for at least a year.  I had reloaded Spotify and Pandora, played with latancy settings, etc etc, but only considered the WDM driver a couple days ago. Deselected WDM and haven’t had a lock up in two days of playing music. Why? What are some possible reasons? I want to play my music through J River, but I don’t know enough to troubleshoot. Whatcha think? Would upgrading to 24 help?

Win7 Asus laptop pro 8 RAM
J River 21

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Deactivating WDM driver solved freezing issue...so far
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:12:44 am »

If you're using MC21, please try updating to MC24.

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
Saw that one coming...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:40:00 am »

That was my thought also. Fell behind in versions due to financial reasons. Upgrading seems like the logical resolve. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:05:53 am »

You have mail.

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
Upgraded to 24...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:29:54 pm »

Activated WDM, shut down and restarted JR. Can’t get WDM to show in startup. I find that JR has to be running for Spotify to play through WDM. If I shut down JR the music stops. Start JR, music comes back on. Bummer. Any hints as to what I’m doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 12:25:07 am »

JRiver must be running, but you can tell MC to run Media Server on Windows Startup.  See Options > Startup.

down4jazz

• Junior Woodchuck
Ok, did that...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 02:26:17 am »

Seems to be working, but i don’t see WDM in windows startup like i did in earlier versions. I do see Media center 24 now in startup. Is that the equivalent? If so, great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up