INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to properly deal with delayed subtitles? FAQ? Suggestions?  (Read 386 times)

dziemian

• Recent member

I have been using subtitles in movies for over 25 years now. And I must admit I hate to use them in JRiver. Everything is totally fine when timining matches a movie. If it doesnt, well the story begins. Almost every time when it happens I spent dozens of minutes to match the timinig. And usually I fail and try to get another copy of the same movie hoping this time one of the subtitles will finally work.

When I move subtitles forward or backward they dont respond correctly. For example I see the subtitles are around 300ms forward so I delay them 300ms and they end up somewhere random . I add another delay and it seems that they havent moved at all. So my question is:

what is a correct procedure ? I add delay +/- and then what. Do I have to stop the movie / pause the movie? Can I can add delay on the fly? Because whatever I am doing it is not working and I am gettnig frustrated as 99.5% of my collection are foreign movies and I do need proper subtitles. BTW fram rates are correct, as I use subs downloaded by JRiver itself.

I can send the any movie and you can  check yourself what I am writing about.

The best option would be changing timing on the fly, while watching a movie with arrows.  Maybe I am doing something wrong but as I said I had been using subs for ages with various players and never had such problems as here in JRiver. This problem is constant since I stared using JRiver MC21.

PS. Sub extension still doesn work automatically. I have to go to a folder with a movie, manually add .sub at the end and then they are visible for the player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up