INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is MediaJukebox development stopped?  (Read 1323 times)

eso

• World Citizen
Is MediaJukebox development stopped?
« on: June 06, 2003, 12:30:23 am »

Recently I downloaded The MediaCenter evaluation version to compare it with the latest version of MediaJukebox and realized that at least two annoying bugs from MediaJukebox don't exist anymore in MC:

• Pausing / unpausing could cause a hang in some cases (fixed build 177)
  • Media keys don't work correctly when app is in the background

Therefore I would like to know if we can expect these bugs to be fixed in MediaJukebox too or if you stopped supporting this product (these bugs have been reported for some time now). It would be nice if you could clarify this because if there's no more support I should start looking for another product.

Although the new features of MediaCenter are nice upgrading to it ist not possible for me because the new licensing scheme is absolutely not acceptable from my point of view.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is MediaJukebox development stopped?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 03:42:35 am »

Whats wrong with the licensing scheme?  J River are simply trying to protect their intellectual property...  And really how many times do you need to reinstal;l an application in a year?  I have had MC on my system for over six months and have never had to redownlaod a licence.  This has included reinstalling XP Home and also upgrading to XP Pro...  I think if you take that particular view you will be missing out on what is the best Audio visual software currently on the market...

Just my 2c

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 04:31:54 am »

... I would like to know if we can expect these bugs to be fixed in MediaJukebox too or if you stopped supporting this product

We may put out a version of MJ that is based on MC, but it won't be soon.  We have a lot of other things to do first.

TimB

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 05:48:39 am »

Whats wrong with the licensing scheme?  J River are simply trying to protect their intellectual property...  And really how many times do you need to reinstal;l an application in a year?

I think if you take that particular view you will be missing out on what is the best Audio visual software currently on the market...

Just my 2c

Adam

Absolutely!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 07:22:31 am »

Just to clarify, I use MediaJukebox since version 6 and yes, I too think it is the best media management software out there (at least that's my knowledge of the market a few years ago when I bought it). I'm using it mainly for that aspect, not for ripping, not for burning. I'm organizing my MP3 music library with it (several thousand files ripped from my own CDs) and for this task i don't know any other software which is flexible like MJ.

The licensing issue has been discussed here intensively before. What annoys me about the licensing ist not the limited number of installs but the fact that installing is only possible if the JRiver website for this pupose is online. Therefore, if this site should (for whatever reason) become unavailable in the future it would never again be possible to install MediaJukebox on a PC. I don't expect JRiver to go out of business soon but you can never know...

So, why should I put effort into managing my music library (and it IS effort, even with MediaJukebox) if I cannot be sure that I will be able to re-install the software and use my library in 3 or 5 years from now?

Therefore I stick with my old version 7 license file which I can always use to install previous versions up to MJ8. I only hope that JRiver will at least provide the basic support and fix the existing bugs (especially when this has been done in MediaCenter already). I'm not asking for new features.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 07:33:42 am »

I'm glad you've found it so useful.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 07:35:41 am »

there are some people who are still using Windows 95 Because they like it better.

I heard this song On PBS last Night during there money drive, dam this song brings back memories of the past.

Charted At 05 In 1965 'Yes I'm Ready'

Listening to: 'Yes I'm Ready' from 'The Best Of Barbara Mason' by 'Barbara Mason' on Media Center 9.0
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up