Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seasons  (Read 715 times)

jaygiles69

• Recent member
seasons
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:45:09 am »

HI. I would like to know as a UK user if I can change the "seasons" to series as that's how TV works in the U.K. I would like all my TV box sets to be displayed as SERIES not seasons and the  episodes would appear as normal once they have been opened

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: seasons
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:52:38 am »

I think in the UK, unless I am missing something, it works the same as everywhere else?

Think something like Broadchurch, for example...

Series = Broadchurch
Season 1
Episodes 1 to 8
Season 2
Episodes 1 to 8
Season 3
Episodes 1 to 8

That said, with the fields populated in your library, you can set up views using those fields to display the data just about any way you please.
For help with that, you would need to let us know where you are viewing... i.e. standard view in MC or Theater View on the TV, or both, and also, whether or not there are any client/server/DLNA MC connections in play.

If you had the three season box set of Broadchurch, how would you like that to be presented to you? Would you not want to have the episodes defined by season? or would you just go with Broadchurch --> episodes 1 to 24?

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:07:57 am »

As a UK user I am happy to use the Season convention, but it is not uncommon to find TV programs split into Series 1, 2, 3, etc here in the UK.

As an example here is a UK web store selling some BBC TV shows that are almost exclusively marked as "Series 1" etc

https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/best-of-the-bbc

Or using your Broadchurch example: https://store.hmv.com/search-results?searchtext=broadchurch

jaygiles69

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:44:26 pm »

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Thankyou. thecrow, you have it spot on sorry marco, but no not all countries do have it like the US . I know its not a big deal but I think it's something that should be as an option to different users in different countries to make it more regional as in the way that buying boxsets from internet suppliers will have different covers that have been adapted for the countries they are sold in  i.e a British TV show will be changed from Series and Episodes to Seasons and Episode for the US and visa versa for the UK market

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 02:47:31 pm »

So let me get this right, the only difference is the word Season vs. Series?

Except for the library field being named Season, you don't really have to show that word anywhere, say in Theater View. I believe it does that by default, but you could just change it to say "Series 1" if thats what you want. Its all fully customizable.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 01:01:39 am »

To display Series instead of Season in Theatre View (English spelling) you need to edit the Season expression in Theatre View options. The default expression uses TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) which always shows Season n. Edit the expression and replace TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) with Series [season].
See attached screenshots for edit and result.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up