INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DRM, 5.1 audio in T2 Ultimate Edition HD-DVD  (Read 807 times)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
DRM, 5.1 audio in T2 Ultimate Edition HD-DVD
« on: June 06, 2003, 04:27:57 am »

I'm anxious to pick up the new Ultimate edition with the high-definition version on disc 2 (in Windows Media 9 format).  I'd really rather not use WMP9 or the Interactual player that comes with the movie; however reports on avsforum.com confirm that MC9 plays multi-channel WM9 movies in 2-channel stereo.

As well, it seems that (correct me if I'm missing something) playback of DRM-enabled material works in MC9, but only if you first play the material back once using a player that supports the registration of a DRM movie over the Internet, like WMP9.  T2's DRM key expires every five days so it's not like this can only be done once.  Jim, you told me once that MC9 handles DRM just fine - am I simply doing something wrong?  If you need a DRM-enabled 5.1 file I can provide one; I've got Pink Floyd's Money kicking aroung, which is 5.1 WM9 with DRM.

Does JR have any hints at all about when multichannel WM9 support will be added to MC9, and when/if it'll ever have the ability to unlock DRM-enabled files by itself?  

As it stands now, I've got two Send To external functions mapped: one for WMP9 and one for ZoomPlayer.  So first, I register a file with WMP9, and then I play it with ZoomPlayer.  I'd much rather use MC9 for both chores.

-Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up