INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi Bluetooth  (Read 836 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
IdPi Bluetooth
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:47:50 am »

I understand that the IdPi's bluetooth is disabled, so it's not possible to directly play via bluetooth to a BT speaker, or some other output like that.  I was wondering though if an external (USB) BT sound card would work.  Would that show as an external audio device then?  I see good application for the IdPi to play to a Google Home or Amazon Echo, but neither has an aux in.  Anyone tried that, or do you think it's worth trying?  Thanks for the input!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:22:12 pm »

I understand that the IdPi's bluetooth is disabled, so it's not possible to directly play via bluetooth to a BT speaker, or some other output like that.  I was wondering though if an external (USB) BT sound card would work.  Would that show as an external audio device then?  I see good application for the IdPi to play to a Google Home or Amazon Echo, but neither has an aux in.  Anyone tried that, or do you think it's worth trying?  Thanks for the input!
Not currently.
I've experimented with the BT stack on version distros of linux and haven't had decent results with any of them. The A2DP stuff is documented very poorly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up