INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apply Tag and Go to Next Item (file, not tag)  (Read 835 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Apply Tag and Go to Next Item (file, not tag)
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:39:05 pm »

Is there a way to do this? 

I end up doing a lot of manual curation for tagging of live music.  I've setup a smart list to find new files that I haven't reviewed and then I work through them.  A lot of times I can batch tag for things like artist, album, etc.  But when it comes to the song title, I often have a text file open in one half of my screen and MC in the other.  I want to easily be able to load up 20 tracks in a smart list and enter the Name field in the tagging pane, type the name, hit enter (ctrl+enter, alt+enter, shift+enter, down+enter, etc) to move to the next file and then type that name, repeating this process.  I've tried a bunch of different key combinations, but can't seem to find one that does what I want.  Is this possible to do without using the mouse?

Thanks!

swiv3d

Re: Apply Tag and Go to Next Item (file, not tag)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:45:18 pm »

Just use the up down left right arrow keys on the keyboard?

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:11:29 pm »

Just use the up down left right arrow keys on the keyboard?

That works if I edit in-line, but I tend to use the tag pane - I should have mentioned that in the post.  One of the main reasons is that to get into the edit-in-line mode, you need to do two single clicks (1 to select, 1 to enter the field).  I often fail at that and end up double clicking, then it starts to play the track.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 07:15:55 pm »

That works if I edit in-line, but I tend to use the tag pane - I should have mentioned that in the post.  One of the main reasons is that to get into the edit-in-line mode, you need to do two single clicks (1 to select, 1 to enter the field).  I often fail at that and end up double clicking, then it starts to play the track.

Single-click to select the track then F2 gets you into in-line edit mode

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:32:11 pm »

Single-click to select the track then F2 gets you into in-line edit mode

That helps.  I'll have to get used to using the in-line mode I guess :)

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 02:58:31 am »

That's a slow double click.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 08:45:17 am »

That's a slow double click.

I guess I could adjust that.  Typically when I do this, I RDP into my Windows NUC from my Mac. (I have no idea why I do that instead of using MC on my Mac, old behavior I guess).  It's one of the few times I use Windows these days.  Most of my time at work is spent between a Linux CLI and OS X.  I do seem to recall that there is a setting somewhere in Windows to change that, but I wonder if the RDP aspect exacerbates my slow clicking.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 09:41:39 am »

(I have no idea why I do that instead of using MC on my Mac, old behavior I guess).

I remembered why I use MC on Windows or this task.  I often right click a file and pick Locate (external) so that I can find the accompanying .txt file.  That option doesn't work on Mac, I guess because I have all Windows file paths.
Pages: [1]   Go Up