INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dvb t2 germany no video while perfect audio  (Read 2696 times)

jakoble

• Recent member
Dvb t2 germany no video while perfect audio
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:02:37 am »

i am trying to integrate german dvb t2 tv into my media system.  i use a hauppauge Solo HD usb stick. I've searched and found every channel i should recieve. After searching and finding all the channels i need, i am getting a blackscreen while hearing perfect audio from every channel that try to watch.

though, when i  try the included software from hauppauge, WinTV 8.5, i am getting perfect video with audio, so all fine.

i tried Red october standard and HQ, both with and without hardware acceleration. I've tried it with my purchased jriver21, but yesterday i installed v24 which gave me the same results.

i've found some related posts in the forum, but everyone of them seemed to either have solved the problem or the threadopener has stopped to post at sometime.

is it generally impossible to recieve the dvb t2 german signals with jriver? is it the codecs? or is the stick incompatible? any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Dvb t2 germany no video while perfect audio
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:32:41 am »

DVBT2 works  in general.

Do you know what video format is used for DVB T2 in your area (H.264, H.265 etc.)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:48:58 am »

Germany uses HEVC/H.265 in DVB-T2.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:02:56 am »

Hendrik, do you have a T2 tuner to test?

We do support H265 video.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 03:51:42 pm »

The one I have claims to support it, but I never tried to use it with T2.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »

The one I have claims to support it, but I never tried to use it with T2.

Can you try tuning to a T2 channel and see if you can reproduce the same issue?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:35 pm »

i am trying to integrate german dvb t2 tv into my media system.  i use a hauppauge Solo HD usb stick. I've searched and found every channel i should recieve. After searching and finding all the channels i need, i am getting a blackscreen while hearing perfect audio from every channel that try to watch.

Can you turn on logging and send me a log package after trying to tune to such a channel?

yaobing at jriver dot com

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »

Can you try tuning to a T2 channel and see if you can reproduce the same issue?

Seems to be working just fine for me. But I only have access to the public stations, the private stations are encrypted. But the Solo HD stick the OP has is also limited to unencrypted stations only, so that should be the same.
For the record, I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1975
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »

Seems to be working just fine for me. But I only have access to the public stations, the private stations are encrypted. But the Solo HD stick the OP has is also limited to unencrypted stations only, so that should be the same.
For the record, I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1975

Maybe it is the encryption.

We only support unencrypted channels.

jakoble - do you know if the channels you were trying to play free-to-air channels or private encrypted ones?

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 12:38:12 am »

thanks a lot for looking into that allready!

i was trying the free channels! no encryption.

by the way: the computer uses an integrated intel 4400. i will try reproducing the same issue today with the Solo HD on my laptop with a different system architecture.

could it be adapter-specific for the solo-HD? but i guess that all the TV adapters should use kind of the same interface...

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 01:28:46 am »

mmh. i installed the solo hd and jriver 24 on my other system.

jriver finds the adapter but when i start the channel search, it says something like " driver is allready in use or not available".

Again with the original software it is all fine.

So at the end: different problem but same situation. The Adapter or jriver does not allow me to integrate dvb t2 into jriver.

i am starting to think that i recieved a bad adapter, but then: why does it work fine with the original software??
any ideas?

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 04:15:39 am »

here is a thread where someone uses the same usb adapter and the problems seem to be solved.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110561.0

the files provided are no longer available for download. also i suspect that someone integrated the problem-fix into a recent jriver patch/update.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 04:21:29 am »

jriver finds the adapter but when i start the channel search, it says something like " driver is allready in use or not available".

I had that at first, had to reboot once then it worked.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 07:29:32 am »

here is a thread where someone uses the same usb adapter and the problems seem to be solved.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110561.0

the files provided are no longer available for download. also i suspect that someone integrated the problem-fix into a recent jriver patch/update.

Looking back at what I changed to fix that one, I changed how H265 video media type is specified.

Code: [Select]
pmt->SetSubtype(&MEDIASUBTYPE_HEVC); // changed from MEDIASUBTYPE_H265 to MEDIASUBTYPE_HEVC as filters don't seem to recognize the former
pmt->SetVariableSize();
pmt->SetTemporalCompression(true);

Now I wonder if it is still not specified quite right.  Perhaps I specified too many parameters unnecessarily (besides the lines quoted above), Hendrik?

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 08:04:52 am »

i wanted to throw in that i just tested after reboot. i was pretty sure that i did reboot before on the new system, but i wasnt sure.
 same as before. still not able to scan on the one system and getting black screen with sound on the other. both running perfect with winTV.

thank you guys for looking into that issue!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 08:11:21 am »

While you try using the tuner in MC, there can not be any other applications using it at the same time, on the same computer or on different computers.  Sometimes an application can hold on to a device without properly releasing it.

Just an idea to throw out there.

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:34:07 am »

mmh i also thought if the WinTV somehow interferes. i deinstalled it completly. removed the stick in win system. restart. put it back in, took the drivers left by WINTV and tried again. Same situation. i dont know how to check if any other application is using the stick. besides, i never watched dvb t2 on theese computers before with any ohter programm...

ah and i disconnected from wifi and internet in order to inhibit any other computer to interfere...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 08:52:04 am »

Can you try disabling or enabling "Hardware Accelerated Video decoding" in Settings -> Video, just to make sure it doesn't causing any troubles?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 12:22:19 pm »

i did that many times on the main system. with and without acceleration under red october and red october hd. i did the same just now on the second system.
but: you are talking about extras-->optionen-->video settings right?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 01:05:46 pm »

Please send me a log.

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »

hey Yaobing,

in the second system, i cant send you a log because i cant even scan for channels.
With the main audio/video system i have a huge problem at the moment. With all the in and out of the adapter i seem to have "noodled" out the plastic of the usb port and finally managed to accidantly insert the usb stick the wrong way, upside down. i know, i know, this should be incredibly impossible but it went in so easily...however, it seems to have fried something on the motherboard as it wont boot up at all. different problem, other story. i am getting a replacement motherboard tomorrow and can send the log probably the day after. lets hope that my precious premium audio card didnt fry as well...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 03:03:58 pm »

Sorry to hear about your system.

Regarding the log: since you have two issues, I would like to get two different logs when you get your system back running.  One is tuning of a T2 channel that was already scanned.  The other is the process of scanning for channels (which fails) - just try scanning and let it go as far as you can.

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »

thank you! when i try to scan, it says something equivalent to "adapter is beeing used or not available". is there a possibility to get you a log of this moment? otherwise i let you know as soon as i got my main system back up running

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »

thank you! when i try to scan, it says something equivalent to "adapter is beeing used or not available". is there a possibility to get you a log of this moment? otherwise i let you know as soon as i got my main system back up running

Yes, I am hoping the log could tell us something about why it is not available.  Did you reach the point where you would select a tuner to do scanning?

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 10:53:16 am »

ok my audio system is back up running. motherboard was defective.
meanwhile i made some progress. i removed all of the data of WinTV with a tool that the hauppauge provides, including registry entries. This at least let me scan for channels now. But it only leads me to the point, where we have been before: black screen with the sound of the channel. But at least i was able to make a log file while tuning in some channels. i will send it to you via PM.
thanks again

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 11:21:18 am »

hey yaobing,

i will send you another log. i got hands on a different adapter. it is a hauppauge wintv-hvr-935. it uses a different driver as far as i can tell. i cleaned the whole system twice from hauppauge software, drivers and registry, did a clean driver install afterwards. guess what? When i try to scan for channels in mediacenter it says "the adapter is in use or not available". so it is definitly not a problem of the very adapter. it is wether a problem of all theese hauppauge sticks or a problem of communication between them and jriver. (or a problem of both of my comuters...) this happens on both systems by the way.

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 12:39:23 pm »

ok guys another hint:
on the second system, where jriver doesnt even let me scan for channels with the wintv-hvr-935 stick i installed progDVB as x64 version. it lets me use the stick perfectly and scanned for channels. when i watch a channel i get black screen and sound just like in jriver. BUT: i installed the x64 version of LAVfilters and TADA! it works. perfect sound and video. so i can confirm again: there must be something filter related and/or related to the communication between jriver and BOTH sticks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 12:45:58 pm »

ok guys another hint:
on the second system, where jriver doesnt even let me scan for channels with the wintv-hvr-935 stick i installed progDVB as x64 version. it lets me use the stick perfectly and scanned for channels. when i watch a channel i get black screen and sound just like in jriver. BUT: i installed the x64 version of LAVfilters and TADA! it works. perfect sound and video. so i can confirm again: there must be something filter related and/or related to the communication between jriver and BOTH sticks.

Was the computer connected to the internet when you tried to use it?

When MC is used for video and TV for the first time, it needs to download LAV filters automatically.  You should not need to manually download LAVfilters.

jakoble

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 12:58:41 pm »

YIPEEE problem partially solved (i guess). it seems it was all a windows authorisation problem. at least the blackscreen/sound watching channel issue. What i did: installed LAV with administrator rights and opened mediacenter with administrator rights. wether this way jriver was able to install the filters itself or the manual installation did the trick... i dont know. but i guess that jriver hasnt been able to install the filters correctly without running with administrator rights.

and yes, the computer was always connected to the internet and i watched alot of videomaterial with it before. maybe this is 265 codec specific...

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 01:24:04 pm »

Good find.

By the way, I checked your log file from the newly installed wintv-hvr-935.  In the log I found two DVB devices: one is said to be DVB-C, the other is DVB-T.  When you tried to run setup, the DVB-T tuner was already loaded for some task in MC.  It's status was "preparing".  This means that it was loaded for something but has not finished initializing.  It might have gotten stuck.  But you said you did a Reset, but maybe the tuner was already loaded when you did reset.  Usually a restart of MC would fix that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up