INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: original title for theater mode  (Read 653 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
original title for theater mode
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:24:54 am »

Hi all, any chance of help with getting original title sort mode to work in theater mode here is the back story ( since jriver dont support boxset for movie collection i started looking at the taging format and found original title so i thought i try changing it example was with the fast & furious movies which are all over my library. so i changed it to fast 1  then fast 2 and so on it worked in standview all movies are in order, when i select sort by original title , but it don't transfer into theater mode. So question is how can i sort by original title mode in the theater mode.)

many thanks

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: original title for theater mode
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 07:43:30 am »

Couldn't you use Series tag for box sets?

Two Categories to the View:
1. level expression field (group by): if(isempty([Series]), [Name],Fixcase([Series],3))

2. level expression field (group by): formatdate([Date,0],yyyyMMdd) [Name]
2. level expression field (display):    [Name, 1]

All Rambo movies have Series tag set as "Rambo" and with above structure they are all grouped under RAMBO and shown there from oldest to newest

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:49 am »

thanks for the reply . i have no idea how to do what you mention lol. hence why i like the simple way .

this program dosnt seem to be that friendly out of the box

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:20:37 pm »

You only have to create or modify your View which shows your movies as I described briefly.

After that you just insert for example "Fast & Furious Movies" (Or rambo or whatever) to series tag for fast and furious movies and they will be grouped together like RAMBO in my example. If there is nothing in the series tag then it display movie normally as non grouped.

Didn't want spend time on detailed description how to create that view unless I knew that you were interested to end result like showed in picture. However I can make simple instructions with pictures if there is interest to implement them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up