INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MadVR Blocked  (Read 1048 times)

Bozer

• Recent member
MadVR Blocked
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:26:05 am »

I am having a problem with live and recordings playback. I have Windows 10 Pro and Media Center .41. It will stop video and the audio will continue, pausing sometimes helps but I am sometimes getting an error message MadVR reports: getting display mode failed. And a windows error about: application media center 2 has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. It has always been set for hardware acceleration before and worked fine. I know windows updated right before I installed the latest Media Center. I have looked into the settings in windows and JRiver to no avail. Any ideas what happened?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MadVR Blocked
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 08:32:26 am »

What version of MC?

Did you try rebooting?

If you set MC to Red October Standard, does it work?

Bozer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 07:48:20 pm »

Media Center is the latest 24.0.41, sorry I only put the last two numbers in my post. yes I rebooted and also updated the video drivers. it is an AMD quad core with 16 gigs of RAM and a SSD for the boot drive. I have WinTV dual tuner cards (total of four tuners) and also found and installed updated drivers for them. I have plenty of space on the drive that the TV records to. It acts like windows is blocking access to the video card. I have not tried turning off the hardware accel yet but I have done that in the past and the picture looks quite poor. oh I am using the HDMI out, passing through a receiver to drive my surround then it is going to the TV.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:30:10 pm »

nvidia gpu??

Just plugging "MadVR getting display mode failed" into Google, comes up with talk about the nvidia drivers. Don't just update the drivers - uninstall them with DDU, then install the latest from nvidia site. Another suggests turning off esclusive mode in madvr.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Bozer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:39:44 pm »

Well, I have an AMD video card and I had already removed and updated the video driver. AMD give that option in the install menu so I have always done it. I had also googled and applied other strategies to repair this. Sadly all of them compromised picture quality and most did not work. Finally this morning I reinstalled Windows and JRiver. The issue cropped up again and I thought it over all day at work. Tonight I removed the 7.18.18 video card driver that windows installed and installed one from last February. I just finished watching a new recording and one of the old ones successfully. Time will tell but it seems to be working just fine now and thank you for your suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up