INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't access CD Play/RIP functions  (Read 601 times)

nightsabre

• nothing more to say...
Can't access CD Play/RIP functions
« on: June 05, 2003, 03:42:49 pm »

I am running Windows 2000, and MC 9. I have set up a user account on my machine that I use for everyday activity, which is part of the "Power Users" group, and thus does not have Administrative rights. Whenever I try to RIP a CD or just play the music, I get an error that says:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."

If I uncheck the "Use digital playback" option under "Device Settings" in the Options dialog, I can play the CD, but I can't stop, pause, rewind, or fast forward. I have to open the Win2k CD Player app in order to regain control.

Finally, none of these problems exist if I log in as the Administrator. Everything works fine. So I'm assuming this is some sort of security related issue, where MC is trying to use a privileged OS service. Make it stop, please.  :-/

Any suggestions?

-- Matt A.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Can't access CD Play/RIP functions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 08:27:31 pm »

Power Users should have sufficient rights. Did you do the initial MC install under the Administrative account? I think the necessity of installing MC in every user account (that would use it) has been eliminated. Wait for an official word from JRiver or (if you don't want to wait) back up your library then install MC in the exact same location but under the Power User account. Out of curiosity, are you are running W2k SP3 (and the latest MC build...180)?

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up