INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues when use subtitles  (Read 1967 times)

jorsan

• World Citizen
Issues when use subtitles
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:35:57 pm »

Hi, couple of weeks ago, every time that I use subtitles when I watch a movie, when the subtitles appears, the lower left side of the screen make little "jumps", like freezes and the restarts but in fractions of a second, when the subtitle disappear, the image goes back to normal. This same issue happens in 2 different computers so looks like the problem is not related to the hardware. Can you help? 

jdmena

Re: Issues when use subtitles
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 06:25:19 pm »

I have had the exact same issue when playing MKV blu ray rips on both MC23 and MC24 and on multiple PC's. The issue only occurs when I'm using ROHQ and after there haven't been any subtitles displayed in >5 seconds. Either the lower left quadrant of the frame stutters, or several frames are dropped the moment the subtitles are displayed. I've tried switching off Hardware Acceleration for video decoding but that has not eliminated the issue. Any advice would be much appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 06:37:56 pm »

Did you make any changes to madVR?

What version of MC are you using?

jdmena

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:30 pm »

I'm currently using MC24 but as I stated above, I used to have this issue on MC23 as well. I've tried multiple MadVR setting configurations, including the default settings and the issue has remained. I'm currently using NGU Sharp - high quality, for upscaling and banding artifact removal . Most other settings have been left unchanged.

Agent86

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:24:44 pm »

Hello. This happens for me as well. It has happened with JRiver and MyMovies and I believe has something to do with video drivers and nothing to do with the software. In fact, it is markedly reduced, if not eliminated completely, by turning off any GPU/Hardware acceleration, which points to it being a video/driver issue, if you ask me.

This happens with multiple computers in my house as well. Computers here have Intel or Nvidia graphics and both do the same although the Intel graphics machine isn't impacted as badly as the Nvidia PC.

Some movies are bad - District 9 for example, which has a lot of subtitles. Especially bad when a subtitle is long enough to occupy more than a single line on screen. Other movies just jump a little bit.

I use Red October standard as the renderer so it is nothing to do with MadVR.

dcS

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 06:34:27 am »

Same here, since a new PC using Intel HD 620, video playback with subtitles is broken. Disabling HW accelaration is not helping. Plex handels it fine. So, another year gone, any solution? Thanks, Dom

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 06:54:39 am »

Intel broke this in their drivers, there is little we can do about that, unfortunately.

What you can do is using Red October HQ. We have a low-power / integrated GPU profile which you can load, which should work on integrated Intel GPUs fine, and not trigger this driver bug.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dcS

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 08:37:51 am »

Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately not before version 24, right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up