INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to drag mp3 files to playlist in organizati  (Read 675 times)

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
Unable to drag mp3 files to playlist in organizati
« on: June 05, 2003, 06:11:39 am »

I installed build 180 hoping now to be able to drag mp3 files to a playlist under the organization tree without MC attempting to download Real Player and crashing. To test this I used an mp3 file that I can play fine in MC. Dragged it to the playlist and got a Real Player warning message. "Real Player is needed to play this type of file. Do you want to download and install Real Player?"

There was no place to indicate "No" so I clicked EXIT. At this point hard drive action began and continued for about six or seven times as long as it takes me to download and install MC.

When this finally ceased I looked for any evidence of Real Player on my system using Windows' File Search, but was unable to find any. Some time ago I had removed Real Player and this didn't seem to add it. It's a puzzle as to why all the drive action.

When MC can play mp3 files OK, what would make it think it needed Real Player to play an mp3 file when I was merley dragging it to a play list? Rhetorical question!

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium 4 1494 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB
Resource Info: System - 53 %, GDI - 78 %, User - 53 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA CD-RW  CW-7586     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Unable to drag mp3 files to playlist in organi
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 11:51:31 am »

We think this bug is fixed in 9.1, which will be in beta very soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Holden

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Unable to drag mp3 files to playlist in organi
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 12:08:51 pm »

Thanks, Matt. Will wait patiently for this release.

Holden
...happy to be among such a great bunch of members. Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up