INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Core Error  (Read 722 times)

sarvis

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media Core Error
« on: June 04, 2003, 12:31:25 pm »

Media Center 9 worked well for the first week I was interfacing it with my ipod.  However, any time I now attmept to view the Ipod (in my case drive E:) under the Cd/Dvd/handheld tab, I merely click on it and every time get the response "media core has encountered a problem and needs to close...." when I click more info. I get "AppName: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 9.0.174.0..."

I am running Windows XP on a new 30GB ipod.  I have installed the Ipod plugin and have attempted a compete reinstall of MC 9 to remedy the problem, however, have had no luck.  I love the program and would really appreciate any advice as to what may be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

verruijt

• nothing more to say...
Re: Media Core Error
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 11:21:23 am »

I got exactly the same problem, using 9.0.175...

Unfortunately it happened before I could swamp my iPod with my library, so now I got a new "unusable" iPod (Musicmatch doesn't work for some reason)...

sarvis

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 11:30:20 am »

Yeah, it's quite frustrating.  I really like the layout of MC9, however, my primary use of it is for my ipod - so it's more or less useless to me now.

This morning, I completely reformatted my ipod, through the Apple software and then formatted it for MC9.  Clicking on the drive letter was no problem, I synched my play lists and it put all 5,000 songs on my ipod, however, when it was done synching, instead of the "synch complete...." I got the media core error again without doing anything and get it now every time I click on the ipod drive letter.

I have all of my songs on the ipod, but can't see it, update it, etc...  Anyone have a remedy???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 11:56:45 am »

Please copy your message to the iPod support thread.  You might want to take a look there first to see if you can find an answer.

Closing this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up