INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Ripping: Default track list editable?  (Read 418 times)

Maxvla

CD Ripping: Default track list editable?
« on: August 06, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »

I rip a lot of audiobooks, most of which are not recognized. I don't mind entering the details of which disc it is, the author, etc, but if I leave the track list at its default, (Track 1, Track 2... Track 10, Track 11) when I put these folders on my phone to listen on the go it will play Track 1, then Track 10, 11.. 19, then track 2, and so on. My solution has been to change the track list on every CD I have to manually enter to Track 01, putting a zero before every number until 10.

Is it possible to edit the default track list to be Track 01-09 instead of Track 1-9 so I don't have to do this tedious task for every CD?

Using MC20, but I'm guessing it might be feature common across versions.
Thanks

swiv3d

Re: CD Ripping: Default track list editable?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 01:43:45 pm »

Under Tools>Options>File locations>Audio(CD rips and Podcasts) There is a filename rule in which you can select a custom format, if you paste        padnumber([Track #],2) - [Name]    into that box it will pad the tracks with 01, 02 etc. If you had more than 99 tracks you would change the 2 to a 3 to get 001, 002 and so on. Can't remember if you need an equals sign before the expression when used in this context.

EDIT: Yes it works fine without the equals sign, Each track has a padded track number followed by  - Name of the track.filetype

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 02:15:49 pm »

If you only want to pad the track number and not add the padded track number to the filename you can select all of the tracks you want to change and paste =padnumber([Track #],2) into the track tag of the first file and all of the selected files will have their track number updated to the new format.

Hope this helps.

Maxvla

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:08:51 pm »

I will give this a try next time I rip an unrecognized book. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up