INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random drop outs with RP flac stream?  (Read 934 times)

orbscure

• Recent member
  • My God, its full of stars...
Random drop outs with RP flac stream?
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:53:53 am »

I'm absolutely loving the flac stream of Radio Paradise using MC24.0.27 (64bit) via my Win10 server (i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30Ghz with 8gb RAM) but I'm having what I best describe as random split second drop outs when the tracks change. It doesn't happen between every track, I can get three or four tracks in a row which segue without issue, but random drop outs still occur. So any suggestions?

Muchos grassyass in advance amigos   :)

Pete
Come Chill With Me...
https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
+ play + enjoy + float + dream +

orbscure

• Recent member
Re: Random drop outs with RP flac stream?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:41 pm »

Nobody got any thoughts or suggestions or am I the only MC24 user experiencing this?
Come Chill With Me...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 01:32:40 pm »

I've seen some similar problems.  I'm not sure whether it's an MC problem with Radio Paradise or a problem with the server.  Both are new.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 06:42:03 pm »

Hi

Just thought I'd feedback that I am seeing a similar problem with the RP stream, i get a drop-out of about 1 second just before the end of the currently playing track, then the track completes and the next track plays OK. The other more serious issue is that the stream frequently just 'gives up' after about 5-6 tracks have been played and has to be re-started.
I am obviously quite a long way from the servers so plenty of opportunity for high latency, traffic congestion etc. My local broadband speed is good at 100mbps but this drops to 30mbps or so to the US or UK with a latency of around 350ms.
Hope this info helps you iron out the bugs- really enjoying the content (when it plays...).

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

orbscure

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:19 am »

Many thanks for the feedback chaps... and in a perverse sort of way, I'm glad its not just me. If there is anything I can run within windows to check if its a resource issue with my server, let me know and I'll be happy to check. Incidentally, I have 200+ mbps cable broadband and no other issues with streaming, either within MC24 or externally via dedicated apps or web browers.
Come Chill With Me...

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 04:28:28 pm »

I have the same issue with MC24.027 64 bit but funnily did not have the issue with the previous released MC24 version (023?). The old version seemed to load you a full page of tracks (30 tracks) - it  took longer to start up the stream - but once started there was no drop outs and you  could easily jump around the tracks listed. Other than the time to initiate it seemed to work far better than the current iteration.

For me at least both versions  stop the Steam at about 40 songs played in a row

For info I'm also in UK on a 150mbps connection with a 88ms latency to the US 

orbscure

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 11:50:29 am »

Its bad today, so much so, that I'm back with the AAC 16/44 stream which works without issue... such a shame, but perhaps the issue will eventually be sorted, or RP themselves get their web based flac stream up and running sooner rather than later :)
Come Chill With Me...

orbscure

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 02:20:46 pm »

As way of a heads-up... updated to 24.0.45 and via Tools > Options > Audio Device > Device Settings, having increased buffering to 3000 milliseconds means that for the first time since the Paradise flac stream was added, I've had no drop outs... whooooooooo!!!!!  ;D

Many thanks chaps, very much appreciated  :)
Come Chill With Me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up