INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New speaker  (Read 829 times)

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
New speaker
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:36:18 am »

Hello,

Since I bought a Bluesound Pulse 2 which cannot communicate with MC, I'm looking for a solution to play music outside with a wireless speaker which can easily communicate with MC (playlists). Which models would you recommend me ?
Secondly, I have some old active computer speakers, which I would like to 'modernize' with a music streamer, so MC would be able to 'see' the speaker as zone. I thought of Arcam rplay or Google chromecast audio. But reading some comments on the forum this doesn't seem to be the best solution. Any help or advice on this as well ? Thanks !

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New speaker
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »

Most DLNA speakers work well if they are in network range.
We have a Sonos Play3 that works well.
You can craft your own by buying a Raspberry Pi (3b+ recommended) and a HiFiBerry AMP2 using whatever speakers you have and getting the IdPi on a card from us which uses provides MC itself as a renderer running on the Pi.

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »

Thanks Bob. I will go for the IdPi. Is there a possibility to make my Bluesound Pulse 2 communicate with MC (USB input) ?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:21:32 am »

Thanks Bob. I will go for the IdPi. Is there a possibility to make my Bluesound Pulse 2 communicate with MC (USB input) ?
I don't know anything about that particular device but if it acts as a generic DAC when connected by USB it should work.
If you are trying to use it with linux you could test it with one of the distros in "live" format (running off of the install dvd).
Pages: [1]   Go Up