INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .WAV files play but won't import.  (Read 1094 times)

edwardstrngr

.WAV files play but won't import.
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:46 am »

An odd one.  I have a HiRes version of Radiohead's 'King of Limbs' that was bought from the band's own website.  The files are .WAV.  I can play each track file individually if I browse for it and play it as a one-off.  Playing it once should also import it to the library, but it doesn't.  Nor will any scan of the associated folder import it to the library, no matter how directed. Indeed, when I browse to play files individually the .wav file names are fully coloured, but when I scan to import they are 'greyed-out'.  Any ideas?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: .WAV files play but won't import.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:51:26 pm »

Two ideas:

1.  The WAVs are already imported, but you don't know it because they have no metadata:  No album, no artist, no song titles, etc.  I would go to Audio > Files and then either drill down through directories in the Panes view, or do a search for a piece of the file name.  Like "King of Limbs" if that's part of the file name.

2.  When you do tools > import > import a single folder, the audio section doesn't have all file types checked.  Is there a check mark next to WAV?  You'll have to drill down through Audio to find out.

Good luck.

Brian.

edwardstrngr

Re: .WAV files play but won't import.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:08 am »

Thank you Brian, very comprehensive and helpful.  I have done action 2, but had not thought of action 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up