INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumping windows on Mac. When will it be fixed?  (Read 719 times)

RonaldX2

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Jumping windows on Mac. When will it be fixed?
« on: August 08, 2018, 06:11:04 am »

I wonder if I am the only one who has problems with jumping windows when moving or scaling the MC window? I noticed the behavior since at least since MC 18 and nothing has changed since then: It usually jumps partly of the screen after moving the window. This happens about 5 times in a row before it acts normal again.
This is VERY annoying and if I wouldn't have all my library in MC I would have abandoned this product for this reason.

Any help appreciated. 

Ronald

MC 24.0.42
Using MacOS Sierra in iMac 5K

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Jumping windows on Mac. When will it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:45:05 pm »

Yes, I see behavior that is like what you are describing.  In practice this doesn't affect me, as I set MC to be full sized, from corner to corner on my display and leave it that way.  Any time I stop it and start it back up, it's full sized again.  I use <command><Tab> to change between MC and other programs, or just click on the icon on the dock.

I realize that my approach might be totally different than yours.  I'm just sharing what I do.

But again, yes I've seen this kind of thing when resizing or moving the MC window.

Brian.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 08:15:00 pm »

Yep, a bug that has been around ever since I remember.  Agree it needs fixed before adding more useless wizard features no one uses.

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 12:45:40 am »

I can confirm on 10.13.6 with MC 24.0.45. Besides jumping around when releasing the window, it becomes full screen after moving it a few times. Maybe it is a feature (automatic fullscreen)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up