INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting files hangs  (Read 1074 times)

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
Converting files hangs
« on: August 09, 2018, 01:23:10 am »

I love the converting tool in MC and am using it very often to convert wave files to apple lossless or FLAC.
For some builds now I noticed three bugs:
1) MC often hangs at the end of the converting process indicating that it still is processing although it should have been over long ago.
If I finish the converting process by hand all files are there in the converted format and even the last one is ok.
2) If I convert a file that is part of a folder that contains a special character in its name MC (like "*") it saves the file to a parent folder and not to the original folder
3) If I convert WAVE files to FLAC MC is losing the comment and total tracks information in the tagging fields

Frank

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Converting files hangs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:03:19 pm »

Pardon my English:
it should be: Converting files freezes at the end of the converting process with multiple files
Frank

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:06:01 am »

One further remark: converting up to 8, 9 files works but more than 10 files at the same time always ends in an endless freeze until I abort the converting process. It's only a "Make-Up" fault because all files seem to have been converted correctly.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:32:16 am »

Can you try restricting it to one conversion at a time?
There may be an issue with threading conversions.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:56:50 pm »

I am doing only one conversion at a time. But MC obviously has a problem if I am converting an album that is containing ten or more files.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:42:26 pm »

I am doing only one conversion at a time. But MC obviously has a problem if I am converting an album that is containing ten or more files.
There does seem to be something about that information box not updating. I duplicated it with thumbnail building.
Pages: [1]   Go Up