INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Network - Customizing View not transferring to JRemote  (Read 663 times)

pilotsanon

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Network - Customizing View not transferring to JRemote
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:25:05 am »

As you can see in the second photo, this is what the tree looks like on JRemote now.  I am trying to get jremote's tree to, not necessarily look like, but operate like the tree in MC23 (pic 3).  Pic 1 shows the Audio in JRemote which looks a lot like what I am trying to get Video to look like.  I tried looking at the link previously posted, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,99678.msg690314.html#msg690314 and attempted to follow the instructions.  As you can see in the 4th pic I tried nesting a new "root library item", category etc.  I may be doing something wrong here, not sure.  I even tried, under the new Root Library Item, setting the path to read where to find media, thinking this may help display items in the folder sequence that it is organized on my computer.  Can anyone help me?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Media Network - Customizing View not transferring to JRemote
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:29:06 am »

You should be able to set the library view in JRemote to be the same as in MC by duplicating the customised library settings.

Set the views in Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customised Views for JRemote...

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:00:58 am »

but ...how... i have the same problem and nobody give a for-dummies explaination
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:23:01 am »

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. If someone could clarify, I might be able to provide a better answer. There are a couple of things I can point out.

When you create a Root Library Item at the same level as Music, Images, and Video (i.e. The main categories being Music, Images, Video, Root Library Item), you need to highlight the Root Library Item and use the 'Set rules for file display...' button. If you do not add any rules here, there won't be any items in the list. This doesn't apply if Root Library Item is nested in another group, but then it's pointless unless you're using it to further filter that category.

You might not want to add a Root Library Item unless you're creating a group at the same level as Music, Images, Video, etc. If you're creating a sub-category within one of these groups, it's probably easier just to add a Library Item.

Finally, when you're done making changes, you need to restart Media Center. You will not see any changes in JRemote, Gizmo, or Panel until Media Center restarts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up