INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 not happening  (Read 1716 times)

Bruce_Holmes

• Performing Songwriter
MP3 not happening
« on: August 28, 2003, 06:03:42 pm »

I've got a .wav file which I want to convert to mp3.  I've got the latest Media JukeBox.  It says encoding and then nothing.  The file is not being ripped from a CD, which I've done in the past and has worked fine.  It's an 8.747 mb file but on the screen the length reads 0.  I haven't been able to figure out how to set the length manually.  The file plays just fine.  It's about 50 seconds long.  I've set the converter to New Format: MP3 Encoder 160Bps.  But after you click the Start button, it says it shows the status as "encoding" in the little window above, but I can let it go for several hours and nothing else happens.
What am I doing wrong?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP3 not happening
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 09:15:39 pm »

What is the source of the .wav?

...on the screen the length reads 0.

Where on the screen? In MJ? In Windows Explorer?

I haven't been able to figure out how to set the length manually.

There is no way to "set the length manually". It would be read automatically.

It sounds like if the length isn't being read correctly that possibly the file is corrupt or damaged in some way, or that it has been moved to a different location (using Windows Explorer) since it was added to MJs library?

Rob

Bruce_Holmes

• Performing Songwriter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 07:22:35 am »

The .wav file was created by ProTools.  The screen where the length shows 0 is the Media Jukebox screen which shows what's in the playlist, the basic big screen in MJ.  Actually, I'm in the lower half of the big screen.  Is there something about importing a file into MJ that I'm not getting.  All I did to play the file was open it from the File, Open option.  I'm not aware of having "Imported" it into MJ.  The file isn't being moved around and plays just fine, but the time length reads 0.
Bruce

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 11:39:34 am »

I've never used ProTools, so I'm not familiar with the options it has for saving in various .wav formats.

It sounds possibly like the .wav header is missing or corrupt or the file is not in a .wav format that is fully compatible with MJ, esp. in regards to encoding.

Is the file a Windows PCM, 44100 Hz, 16-bit format .wav? It's possible that MJ is choking on the file if the sample rate or bit depth are different, or possibly even if the file is mono instead of stereo. I would reopen the file in ProTools and resave it, making sure that your are saving it as a standard Windows PCM .wav.

Rob

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 05:43:29 am »

mj does not handle compressed wav files

not sure if MC9.1 does or not.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up