INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A re-request  (Read 1202 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
A re-request
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:35:08 am »

I have asked for along time, years in fact, for a Playing Now view that makes the played songs go away and the list only have songs unplayed. When I asked before I was told everyone here wanted static playlists, and they saw no reason for a song to go off the playlist. So every time anyone goes to the MC to add something, the first step is to right click the list and choose "Remove Played Songs" and then they add theirs. Everyone at the pool game knows how to do that. It sure would be nice to have an option that would remove a played song the minute it was done.  Any chance that could happen now? There has to be more folks than I that use MC as a jukebox, and no jukebox keeps a list of what was played, they clear each song once its played. I can always go back to see what was played by using a view for that. If we don't clear it, the song playing is buried somewhere in the list, and if we want to see what will play next we have to scour the list to see which one is playing (not easy, even though I have it bolder).

Thanks  Don

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: A re-request
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 09:16:00 am »

re read what you wrote...first you speak of playing now then you speak of playlists....makes a difference
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 11:19:45 am »

Sorry,
I am talking about the view called "Player"
I have it open as a second View when using MC as a jukebox.
It has a list of all the things MC is about to play, in order. The list is created on the fly, every night, by us pool players. We keep adding all night. There is no need to save the list, nor look back to see what we played. But when the first cut is played, the first in the Player List, and MC goes on to play cut 2, Cut 1 stays there in the list. It is done, it should go away and the song playing now should be at the top.
That is the key, whatever is playing now should be on top of the Player View. Not buried between what has been played and what will be played.

Thanks

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 06:06:27 am »

Not happening, eh?
Well I thought I would try to ask again. I am no coder, but it seems with all the complexity of MC24, it would be easy to add an option that would remove played tracks... but my request is not even addressed.
I have spent a long time trying to invent a view that would show me what is next and not what has played, and I get close, but what I come up with isn't editable by my users.
Can anyone tell me why this is so hard to do? It must be something the main developers hate, because it seems like an option that should be there from day one.
Oh well, most folks are trained to click "clear played from playing now" every time they step up.. but what a hassle.

Thanks for listening..

Don

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 09:13:00 am »

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the option General > Behavior > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 12:21:29 pm »

sweet....thanks Matt
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:22 pm »

Coming next build:
NEW: Added the option General > Behavior > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played.

Tested and it works nicely.

I was thinking earlier that it might be good to use your two split views along with detached Cover Art, using the Ctrl+6 shortcut. You could then get a display like the one in the image, selection of music on the left, Playing Now playlist in the middle, Cover Art of the current track on the right, and visible across the room. Could work well in the pool room. ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 09:10:25 am »

I realized I didn't thank you for this. I must admit I don't read all the updates, and missed this. I am embarrassed, but need to thank you.
I do like to play with MC, seeing what I can do, and found the option there a while back. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. :)
It works just great, in fact it works better than I hoped. I assumed it would remove all songs above the one playing now as well. It does not. At first I thought it was weird, but I can see how you could use that. Sometimes a song will show up I am not ready for. Like I am waiting for someone to show up so I can play it for them. I can drag it up above the song playing now and it sticks there. Not that I do it alot, but it could be like the on deck circle in baseball? where the next pitcher waits to be called.
Awesome.  Thanks so much! The gang is impressed a little guy can suggest a change and it happens.

Don

~OHM~

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 10:41:48 am »

No little guys, just little parts.....  ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 05:24:59 pm »

Did you see this then Forbigd?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117461.msg812705.html#msg812705

Check out the image attached.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 08:42:00 am »

I did see that... it is kind of how I have mine setup.
But we use one main monitor (where MC's interface lives), and then several tvs attached to the second port on the video card.
Set to expand across both, I put either the video, or a special visualization I created in the visualization editor that shows the cover, artist, album, song, DTS or not, how long it is, how long it has played, and how much is left over, on the second monitor(s).
Our collection is rather large, and starting with album view would return a lot, and we also have videos mixed with the audio. So I needed a special MC. I will try to attach my MC so you all can see. Lots of customization over the years. I am going to post a question about expressions, using the same pic...:) in a new Post.
Thanks for all the help.

Don

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 04:13:15 pm »

Nice. You should post that in the thread that I linked to, to give other people ideas. Particularly if you can describe how it was all done.

The MC GUI interface can do so much more than what is delivered as standard. It's good to show it off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up